Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers & Trainers - Feb 2 (Read 21 times)

an amazing likeness

Only one race on our calendar for this week as Vegefrog takes her streak of AG wins (2:2 so far this year!) to a local 5K. Personally, VF, I challenge you to run exactly a 22:22 since you're....you know...running for two.

Feb 2 vegefrog Ashley Ridge Foxtrot 5K 5K Summerville, SC

We're now two short weeks away from a big weekend of half marathons coming in mid-February. About the time in training when it's past time for laying in base miles and a good time to work on sharpening up the race pace...getting used to the feeling of running hard. If this is a goal race...now is the time to be pondering 'what's needed for me to show up fresh and ready for the 13.1mi''.

Good luck, fleet feet and following winds to our weekly racer(s).

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

vegefrog

Awwwwwwwww! 22:22 would have been awesome!

BUT..I actually got a PR instead, LOL.

This baby likes to win!!!!!!!!!!!! Another AG win. I actually got 2nd OA female, but it was such a small race they only gave an award for 1st OA then went onto AG awards. I'm fantastically pleased with the PR @ 11 weeks pregnant Smile

That's my last "racing" 5K until after the pregnancy. I will throw in a few for fun this spring/summer, but it will be March before I do another one and I expect a month to make a pretty big difference in my running style/pace.

MT I love your words of wisdom and encouragement! You should really have a blog...

Docket_Rocket

Great job on the PR!

Awwwwwwwww! 22:22 would have been awesome!

BUT..I actually got a PR instead, LOL.

This baby likes to win!!!!!!!!!!!! Another AG win. I actually got 2nd OA female, but it was such a small race they only gave an award for 1st OA then went onto AG awards. I'm fantastically pleased with the PR @ 11 weeks pregnant Smile

That's my last "racing" 5K until after the pregnancy. I will throw in a few for fun this spring/summer, but it will be March before I do another one and I expect a month to make a pretty big difference in my running style/pace.

MT I love your words of wisdom and encouragement! You should really have a blog...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

+1 on the great job!

bob e v
          2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Congrats VF!

And I agree MT has a way with words!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Zelanie

Very nicely done!  Congratulations!