Half Marathon Trainers

Forced tapering (Read 254 times)

bas

It was incredibly busy at my work last week. So much so that I was too exhausted to run - or was still working until very late in the evenings. Usually both. That means I have a 0 km week so far (my last run was on oct 1). Tomorrow I will certainly run again, if only because I signed up for the famous Wingz Virtual 10K Smile Of course this has me worried a little. Next sunday is the day of my half marathon... One thing I am determined *not* to do is try to make up for the lost time and kilometers. So after sunday I will do my training at the club on tuesday, an easy run on thursday and that should be it. I'm afraid to train more, especially as my Achilles tendon is still acting up. Will bas' Amsterdam Half Marathon be a success or a disaster? Read all about it in next week's Half Marathon Trainers! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Wingz

Professional Noob

bas - Sometimes, I think, we arrange our lives subconsciously to get what we really need. I bet your "forced" taper is a prelude to a great race, and that it's your subconsious' way of convincing you to take it easy on your Achilles tendon. Rest well, race well. Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

bas

Thanks! That was encouragement I could really use. Today I ran for the first time in a week and it went well - better than I expected. Now back to unforced tapering for the rest of the week... bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East