Half Marathon Trainers

haf marthon trainers week of Jan. 7th (Read 674 times)

wbertha

I tried to get this up last night but must have done something wrong. Undecided So here hopefully is the start of this weeks thread. Today is a rest day for me. Heading to Madison with DH for his follow up doctor's appointment. It is rainy and foggy at the moment. Good runs to all, wbertha
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

A balmy 29 degrees. I ran 4.0 miles in 46:50 (11:42 pace), which is good for me! Running is getting easier every week for me. Saturday, I'm supposed to run 5.5 miles, which would be a PB for me.

Hey, nice marmot!

Greetings all (both)! I'm new around here, although I did used to lurk on the CR half marathoner's threads. I never posted anything and since the move to active I don't even bother trying to lurk there anymore. At any rate, I've been training for the National Half Marathon in D.C. on 29-March. I did good 8 mile long run yesterday. I'm a little sore today, but I think that's because I had a cold and only managed to run 4 miles the week of 12/30. I'm definately looking forward to getting back on track. Mondays are rest days for me, so nothing scheduled for tonight. Happy running!

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

dork.major dork.

Did 15.7 miles last week. Couldn't manage to get out of bed this morning, but hoping to bump it up to 20 miles this week. Keep chugging, all.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

on the road this week....... long day today.... up before 4am.... working till 6pm And to top it all off I will be stuck on the treadmill all week. meeting colleagues for dinner soon..... I better get my fat ass on the mill later tonight. Jason
            Len

Damn Yankee

7 slow, easy miles this afternoon, only planned to do 4 but I'm already behind schedule for 1500 miles this year.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Prince of Fatness

Monday 5.24 - done Tuesday 6.93 - done Wednesday 5.16 - done Thursday OFF Friday 5.10 - done Saturday 13.3 - done Sunday OFF

Not at it at all. 

KathyW

Good week for me - 27.3 miles. Now I just have to stay healthy and keep it up.
                  Regina

I did a Fartlek of 7.4 k yesterday evening. We had a temperature of about 6°C here in the north of Italy and it was slightly raining. It was my first attempt of speed work since Octobe. Which however I didn't plan just after my long run on a hilly course on Sunday. In fact my legs were tired and hurting a bit during the first part uphill at a pace of ~ 7:30 min/km. On a normal day I would do this first part @ 6:30 min/km, so I was really slow yesterday ... But sometimes it helps just to change pace, so I decided to go back at a higher speed. And that worked quite well yesterday. In total I did 4 k @ ~ 7:30 min/km (partially uphill, partially flat) and 3.4 k @ 5:00 min/km (partially downhill, partially flat). Today it's sunny, the sky is blue, and there are no clouds at all. Looks nearly like summer, but the temperature has decreased. If it's not too low I will probably do some more speed work this evening. And a nice easy run with a friend tomorrow ...
                    wbertha

Managed 18 miles last week and hope to bump it up to 20 this week. However, I have an appointment after work tomorrow and am usually bad about running if I can't do it right after work. I am going to try tomorrow to get in my scheduled 4 miler. Today after work, I headed to the gym. Did some stretching and then ran 3 miles at a slow easy pace. Followed it up with a bit more stretching and about 20 minutes of upper body weights and then finished off with some core/ab work. It was the best workout I've managed since I got sick about three weeks ago. So I'm figuring I must be back on track. Now I just have to force myself to get to the gym tomorrow. wbertha
                      Regina

About 9 k yesterday evening. Warm-up at an easy pace, a tempo run of 5 k @ 5:30 min/km, cool-down, and stretching. I do some stretching etc. each day, but have no time for the gym. Today I will do some easy running with a friend although it's raining again. Maybe also tomorrow. A day off on Friday, when I'm on a business trip. Then I'm planning a long run on Saturday. And on Sunday we'll see ... Hope to manage about 65 k this week.
                        wbertha

Got in my 4 miler tonight...yeah. On track for what I hope will be my first 20 mile week in a while. wbertha
                          marflair

Hi all, Bertha, thanks for starting us. I did get a 2.5 mile run in today and 3 miles on Sunday- finally getting back on track. The treadmill is boring though and I can't make myself run outside in the winter. The warm weather helped but unfortunately we were so foggy I didn't feel safe running in our country subdivision. Do you all feel you run slower or faster on the treadmill? I have trouble keeping up a speed faster than a 12 min. mile on the treadmill but I know I can run faster outside. It is just hard matching my rhythm to the belt. My eldest dd heads back to law school in Cleveland tomorrow. We will miss her but it will be easier to keep my gym schedule! Mary

Hey, nice marmot!

I've been having a great week. The weather here has been in the 50-60's F and damn near perfect for my after work runs. Got 5 miles in Tuesday and 6 in last night. Planning on doing another 5 tonight. I should be able to get 28 miles for the week. I've heard both sides of the treadmill question. For me, I absolutely hate the treadmill and when I do have to use one, I find that I increase the pace just to finish sooner. Overall though, I find it easier (physically) to use a treamill than go outside. Besides the 1% incline, there's no hills on a treadmill, plus the belt has momentum that pulls your foot back whereas you have to provide that energy when running outdoors. At least, that's what I've found.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

wbertha

Well, a treadmill night for me...too dark and rainy out Dead Did 3 miles then weights and ab work. I agree, I dislike the treadmill but am able to go at a faster pace than outside. wbertha