Half Marathon Trainers

Not Going to Make my Half (Read 295 times)

My dogs are fast, not me

My half is March 18, but I sprained my ankle Sunday during a trail race. I'm off my foot for a week, then a re-assessment by the sports doc. Next Monday, I'll maybe be able to do toe raises.... Cry I already missed two weeks due to illness, so I think I'm going to opt out of my March 18 half and shoot for one late this fall. The Memphis runners club has a series August through November that ends with a half in November. Robin

Robin

Sorry to hear that hun! Hope you heal ASAP!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, no! Robin, I'm so sorry...that blows! I hope your ankle heals fast and that you can resume running--even if you can't do your half. Sad k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

madness baby

That stinks. Sorry to hear you won't make it, but training with a running club this summer sounds great! Happy healing. . .
          deb
          bas

Sorry to hear/read that. Get well soon... There will be another HM waiting for you. bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Finished!

so sorry to hear it - I totally know the disappointment you're feeling. May you heal swiftly and strongly!
              Walk + Jog = wog.
              I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
              I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                Listen to your body.... and heal well!
                Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4