Half Marathon Trainers

100 Half Marathons Club- 2014 Member Survey Results (Read 23 times)

an amazing likeness

Web link to 100halfmarathonsclub.com

• Best Half Marathons in Each State
    • Best Half Marathons in Various categories

Have you run any of these half marathons?  Do you agree with their rankings?  What would be your votes?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

No experience with these, but for Utah, I'd say that Zion and Canyonlands are two hugely popular fast courses in beautiful red rock country.  Big Cottonwood is locally known as the place where you go to destroy your PRs, as it's something like 3000 feet drop in elevation through the first 11 miles.  Friends who have run it joke that that's the PR they'll never beat as you get 2-hour half guys pulling 1:40s with no changes in training.  (Granted, pretty much all of our courses drive you up a mountain and let you run down, but Big Cottonwood is a bit extreme.)

hog4life

I have friends that have run the Mississippi Blues and say it's great. I haven't run it yet.

Alabama, Mercedes, I run this one in 2013 for my PR. Very well organized and highly supported by the city. There is a new one that has only run for 2 years called Bridge Street Half, IMO, it gives Mercedes a run for their money. It wouldn't surprise me if it soon becomes the best in Alabama.

Tennessee, Oak Barrel, I've done it 3 times. I missed this pass April trying to wait on payday to register, it sold out in about 30 hours. Great swag, minimal crowd support out on the course, it's very rural. Has a killer hill that has quite a reputation called Whiskey Hill. Haha, very fitting to the area since all the Jack Daniels whiskey is made right next door. The distillery is the main sponsor.