Half Marathon Trainers

Half Marathon Training - July (Read 589 times)

I took 3 consecutive days off this past weekend.  I hadn't even gone 2 straight days without running in awhile, but it was worth it--VEGAS!  I've been working really long days this month and running late at night on the treadmill.  It's been a bore at times trying to stay motivated, but I'm only 4 weeks out from my next race.  I'm avoiding the humidity completely.  I would almost kill for a chance to run in sub 80F weather.  I'll probably reach 200 miles this month, and yet I feel really good since I started a new pre-run stretching routine that I read in Runner's World.

Good luck with your upcoming races, everyone!

Last night 8 mileseasy pace- cooler weather is a big help.

Here in Canada we have this Monday off so I am expecting to do some running on Sunday and Monday.

I wouldn`t be too concernedabout missing a couple of days, I often find I feel great afterwards, usually not the first day I start up, but the second.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Really pleased with my running totals for July despite the heat and humidity.  Managed to run 22/31 days and increase my monthly mileage by 16.5 k over last month.  Hoping to hit over 200 km in August which would be an increase of at least 14.5 k.  Would like to increase my number of days running as well.

Good luck all!

2010 Goals! 1. Sub 27 min in a 5k. (PR - 26:36) 2. Sub 58 min in a 10k. (PR - 1:01:16) New PR July 3, 2010 58:42 3. Sub 2 hrs in a HM (PR 2:18:28 - ING Ottawa Half ) 4. Run 1,500 km for the year 5. 145 lbs by the end of 2010
        CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Nice job, Kathy!

July was my highest mileage month to date (71.7 miles) which I'm feeling good about. Dealing with higher than normal humidity here the last couple of weeks (think 65 to 75 instead of usual 25 to 35%). I'm hoping I'm getting stronger but confidence took a real hit on today's run.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.