Half Marathon Trainers

Hello, running first HM in Feb. (Read 168 times)

Dad on the run.

I see a ton of threads that look the same except  for week training and what-not. Really unsure what to make from them or what I am suppose to be looking at. I am a former RWOL forumite but due to the insane amount of spam since the supposed "upgrade" I find it unbearable and annoying. So, with all of that being said I am planning to run my first HM in Feb. I will be doing the Mercedes half here in Birmingham, AL. Currently my weekly mileage isn't all that great. I will hit 20 miles for this week after my morning run tomorrow, and I plan to increase my weekly mileage by 10% each week until my HM debut. this should have me at around 45-50 miles in ~10 weeks time and I plan to get at least 2 or 3 13+ mile long runs in before race day. I was originally hoping for a sub 2 hour but I feel that will be out of my reach given my current c,onditioning so a sub 2:15 is now my main goal and hope to surprise myself come race day.

So if the threads could be explained somewhat that would be great. I read the sticky but that to me didn't really seem to explain what I am looking at. Anyways, I hope to learn a lot from you guys and can't wait to get to know you all. Thanks.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

HappyFeat

Hi jb and welcome to the HMT group.

Basically we have a monthly thread we contribute to on an ongoing basis throughout the particular month.  We like to highlight the weekly racers, encourage them, and that sort of thing - hence the Intrepid Racers weekend thread. It's not much more complicated than that. Certainly if you had a particular question or issue you'd like the group to focus on, you could introduce a new topic

MTA: oh yeah, if you have an upcoming race, give the details on the "Upcoming Races" thread and they will get entered in the "Race Calendar"

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dad on the run.

Ok cool, that makes complete sense, thanks. I don't currently have a generalized question at the moment. My first HM is really just for me and my own personal battle with always giving up on things that I start. I'm not aiming for a gold medal or anything like that, I just want to say that I crossed the finish line. I will however be browsing these threads and soaking up as much information I can.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Zelanie

Hi there Jimmy!

Dad on the run.

Zelanie! Hey hey.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.