Half Marathon Trainers

HMT 2012 Upcoming Races (Read 1038 times)

an amazing likeness

I have a correction to make on one of my Park & Rec10K's. One isn't there, because I probably forgot to include it; but the one that is there has the finish time of the other...I think.

The missing one was the St' Paddy's Day 10K 3/17/12 and I ran 57:23

I ran the Memorial Day 10K 5/28/12 in 55:37

Thanks for catching those! Fixed 'em. Those were back under Matt's maintaining the calendar...(they weren't, but that's the story I'm going with). 

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

HappyFeat

SmileThank you and thanks for maintaining the chart. It's impressive and motivating to see what we are all up to over the year.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I know I have been absent for quite some time. Have been wrestling with side effects of Agent Orange exposure impact on my health and PTSD. But am coming out of it and have committed to a Dec HM and paid coach to keep me training and ready for it.

Sun Dec 9th 2012 - Decker Challenge, Austin, TX

bob e v
        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

HappyFeat

Hey Bob - welcome back! Glad you're feeling better.  Good luck with your training.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Hey Bob - welcome back! Glad you're feeling better.  Good luck with your training.

Thanks! its been a tough road but just another obstacle to overcome, as much as one can at least.

bob e v
            2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Hi all,

Well, due to work conflicts, I have had to move my original HM from Run for the Redfish on 1 Dec to the Blue Mountain HM that is Oct 14.  My training has gone well, so rather than run one later, I have moved up my schedule.  Ran a 12 mi long run Saturday, so I believe that I shouldn't have a problem in completing my first HM.  I have enjoyed the training so much, I may continue to build for an eventual marathon in Feb 2013.  I know that my goal is to finish, and not worry about the time.

Here are the details of my new HM (which I registered for on Sunday)

Date: Oct 14

Race: Blue Mountain Half Marathon

Event URL: http://www.bluemountainhalf.com 

Distance: 13.1 Miles

Location: Blue Mountain Beach, FL, USA   (East of Destin, FL)

Goal Time: Finish, but I would be very happy with a 2:30:00

vegefrog

I've added 2 5K's. They count as speed work right?? Big grin

Date: Oct 11

Race: Oktoberfest 5K

Event URL: http://www.oktoberfest5krun.net/ 

Distance: 3.1 Miles

Goal: <23:00

Date: Oct 27

Race: Run with the Dolphins 5K

Event URL: http://runwiththedolphins.com/

Distance: 3.1 Miles

Goal: #1 in AG and <23:00

Hi all, first post since joining RA a few days ago (switched from MapMyRun).  Decided to sign up for the HM here in Pensacola:

Date: Nov 11, 2012

Race: Pensacola Half

URL: http://www.pensacolamarathon.com

Distance: 13.1 mi

Goal time: Finish

Haven't done much long-distance running...have done 5k's around 24 min in the past.  Since this will be my first HM, I am not setting a goal time.  Looking forward to the race, and to getting lots of great info from the forums here!

<insert sig here>

an amazing likeness

Hi all, first post since joining RA a few days ago (switched from MapMyRun).  Decided to sign up for the HM here in Pensacola:

Welcome to the Half Marathon Trainers forum, and to RunningAhead, CF16.  I'll get your race on the calendar later today when I update it.  Don't be a stranger, join the discussions...we usually have a monthly topic going, some weekly upcoming race and results topics, and who knows what else.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

OK let's make the foolishness official Wink

Date: Dec 09, 2012

Race: Dallas Marathon (used to be White Rock Marathon)

URL: http://www.dallasmarathon.com/

Distance: 26.2 mi

Goal time: 4:30 (running the thing is unrealistic so may as well have unrealistic time expectations to go with it!)

2017 Goals
                      1) Run more than 231 miles
                      2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

HappyFeat

Reindeer Run 10K on Saturday Dec. 15

City of Port Angeles Recreation Dept

HappyFeat

Turkey Trot 10K, November 22, 2012, benefit for the Food Banks, Port Angeles, WA

Andy, last one for the ol' calendar for me...Nov 24, Run Santa Run 5k, New Milford, CT. 17:30 

Time to roll all this fitness into one more blowout race and cap the year off right.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

I'm on the mend from a hip injury and though not 100% yet, I am finally able to get on the road again.  While I had committed to the San Antonio Rock n Roll on Nov 11, I wasn't able to race it.  Me and my DW did go ahead and participate, but just enjoyed 13 mile walk instead.  I'll see how this goes, but would love to work back up to racing again by the early Spring.  [fingers crossed]

Hi everyone, I completed my first 2 HM's this year, Long Branch HM and Atlantic City HM, hope to do 4-5 in 2013, depending on how many I have access to in the area.