Half Marathon Trainers

half at hampton? (Read 382 times)

Hi 1/2 marathon trainors -- i usually post in the Masters Forum but really want to focus more on the 1/2 marathon distance so i've been peaking in here as well and hope you can answer this question for me...........

do any of you know the date for the half at hampton? i know its usually in Feb. but i cant seem to find it anywhere 

my goal has been to  "officially" break 2 hours in a half...........unofficially i was under 2 hours at the 1/2 marathon mark when i ran the TriStates 20 miler a couple of years ago and again at Baystate this year - my garmin had me at 1:59:51 but with no start mat for the 1/2 my gun time was 2:00:18

i'd like to plan out some races for next year and thinking about doing the Iron Runner series but not sure yet - the first 1/2 in that series is March - New Bedford 1/2 but i'd like to do something in Feb - maybe Hyannis but Hampton is more appealing to me.

thanks and I hope to be a more active participant here as well!

denise

an amazing likeness

It is listed as Feb 21, 2010 on their web site.

This was on my 2010 plans, leading into the Eastern States 20 miler. Planned to do the Maine Mid-winter 10 miler early Feb, then Half at Hampton, then Eastern States 20. 

Hampton weather always worries me, being on the ocean in Feb, but it can't be any more challenging than we had at Baystate this year...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

thanks Andy!!    wonder why i had trouble googling it ..... weather definitely cant be any worse than baystate -- and last year i did the Hangover Classic with sleet and wind coming off the ocean but that was only 10k - definitely think i'm putting this one on my list!! 

denise

an amazing likeness

If you're looking for something in early April, I recommend the Great Bay Half in Newmarket NH.  Fun course (some dirt road, some rolly polly, some residential), small town, belly dancers for on-course entertainment...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.