Half Marathon Trainers

Loving my boss/Flexible job (Read 227 times)

My dogs are fast, not me

I'm starting back on my half training this week and just spoke to my boss about how some days, based on how much mileage I have scheduled, I may be in a bit later than normal. Thankfully, he has no problem with it and trusts me to get my work done whenever. It's nice to have that type of support looking ahead at some of these mid-week runs! Robin

Robin

madness baby

Wow, that's great Robin! I have the luxury (ha ha) of being a grad student, and I know that when it's over and I have to get a real job I'll be in for a shocker. It's great that your boss is flexible for you. That will make a huge difference for summer runs, too, because you can get them done in the morning when it's cooler! Smile deb
      deb
        Hey it's great that your company is like that! I've been fortunate that most companies I work for are very flexible (the one I work for now just got an award for workplace flexibility from the Chamber - and that was based on employee input!!) They're out there...like gold nuggets... lisak ps - full disclosure about the award and SP - I'm the hr director..
        Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4

My dogs are fast, not me

Well, my boss and his wife home school their kids (2 boys - 12 & 9) and my boss does PE with the boys every morning and doesn't normally come in until around 9:00 anyway. Even on my late days I'm here before him but the most I've run on a day during the week is 5 miles. Looking ahead at my schedule, that's all about to change! My office is very small, we're an admin location for our division so there's probably less than 20 people here and it's very flexible in a lot of ways (like shorts on Fridays!). Robin

Robin

I am a college coach and have a pretty flexible schedule as well!!! Now that I am trying to train for my HM in October, I'm sure the flexibility will be welcomed. Not to mention I will need the stress relief from work. Smile
            "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "WOW... WHAT A RIDE!!!" Muskingum College XC