Half Marathon Trainers

Half Marathon Trainers October 2008 (Read 632 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Tight calves here, too. DH has been sweet and massaging them for me a lot. That helps! I'm finally back to where I was pre-injury, so I want to keep going! I hope all you guys heal up quickly.

Prince of Fatness

I decided to take a few days off. I ran Wednesday, and while it went OK, my legs were telling me to take some time off. I'll probably take it easy for the next week .. maybe go out for a couple of miles every other day or so. Whatever I feel like. Then ease back in. This means no race next Sunday. The last thing my lower legs need is a 10 miler that has a 600 foot elevation gain over one mile. Targeting a 5K on Thanksgiving morning. Long term goal is a marathon next fall, so taking time off now is not the end of the world.

Not at it at all. 

I had taken a full 4 weeks off after the HM, and the first substantial run I did was two weeks ago, and ran with DH and did 5 miles at a 10:30 pace! surprise to me was that it felt AWESOME. Aerobically I lost nothing, and my legs were so happy, and even more surprising is how little they were sore the next day..... Rest is a GOOD thing. If only we can get our heads to believe it! Wink

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Great job, Cheffy! I'm happy because this was my second month in a row of 100 miles, and everything feels great. I ran 30.4 miles this week. Just heading out to the state XC meet, a couple of hours away. I know I'm more nervous than DS! The boys cut their hair in weird ways on Thursday. DS looked like Bozo the clown! DH convinced him to shave his head before he went to school on Friday. Whew! It makes him look older, though, like he's joining the military. He's seeded sixth today, so we'll see what happens. I need to calm down!
          dukefan86

Tomorrow'w my first half marathon, and I'm beginning to wonder what I've gotten myself into! Wink I'm pretty slow, so I'm hoping I can finish before the course sweepers come around.
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Tomorrow'w my first half marathon, and I'm beginning to wonder what I've gotten myself into! Wink I'm pretty slow, so I'm hoping I can finish before the course sweepers come around.
              How did it go??