Half Marathon Trainers

March Running (Read 26 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Hopefully this month will be a transition to better weather. It's been either really cold (-30*C) or stupidly icy here for too long. My fall goal race opens registration this month on the 20th and I need to decide on whether to register for the Mother's Day weekend 10K I've done before. I've got a 5K this month as well.

What's on your plan this month?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

hog4life

Meg, I sure hope March is better for me too. Working 12 hour shifts, for 5 straight days/nights, plus weather has put a kink in February. I ended with 87 miles.

I have a March 7 half, 14th is a 5k, 28th is a 25k. So it should be a busy month for me, and this is all prepping for an April 4 half. Today was a RD.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I ran 18 with 3 X 3 @ MP yesterday in hot and humid weather.  Summer is down here alright.  I have Pilates and 7 miles tonight.

Meg, hoping you get nice weather soon.

Mitch, good luck with your races!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I ran both Saturday and Sunday outside. Yesterday was beautiful and I had a great run. We are in a blowing snow advisory and the wind is supposed to kick up to 50 gusting to 70kph which could derail my run outside today, but I'm feeling more hopeful. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

hog4life

Nice running D!

I got 5 with Bella this afternoon before work.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My 7 last night went well.  Pilates class and 6 tonight.

Meg, yay for running outside!

Mitch, nice 5.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Hi guys!

March is off to a good start. Rest day Sunday, easy 5 miles yesterday, 6.5 with 5x1000m at ~10k pace today. I might actually run a few miles OUTSIDE tomorrow, which will be amazing. This will be my third week at 37+ miles if all goes well, and then I'll cut back a bit next week. Keeping my fingers crossed that my legs continue to cooperate, and now counting down the days until registration for Philly opens! Big grin

Cyberic

Hello half-marathon trainers, hope you are all well. I sure am.

Phase 2 of my 5k training finishes this week, and can't wait to hit phase 3 next week. Phase 2 is focused on speed and strength, and that is very taxing on my body. Next phase will be focused on VO2Max, and that'll get me very tired, but hopefully some aches and pains will start healing. 4 weeks of that, and then 4 weeks of phase 4 where I'll focus on endurance.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ran the 6 on Tuesday, 13 with 2 X 3 @ MP on Thursday morning and 4 Thursday night.  7 planned for tonight.

Lauren, glad March is up to a good start.

Cy, nice job on the training.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

hog4life

Hi everyone, got me a couple snow runs in, pretty cool for Alabama. I'm not sure I would like to do that all winter though. I've had a couple of RD's in prep for Saturday's HM, remember, it's pushing the stroller. I'm hoping maybe a 2:20 or better. I signed up to run the Detroit full marathon on Oct 18, I'll get it added to the race list later.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! The 7 last night went well, but the weather was hideous.  8.13 this morning.

Mitch, good luck today!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

hog4life

Finished in a 2:12:10. We took a few stops for pictures and walked the water stations to keep a check on Hank. He is 11 YO with Cerebral Palsy. It heartbreaking to see what these special needs kids go through, it's more amazing to meet their parents. But most of all, it's the most rewarding feeling in the world. I'll get a RR and pics up later.

Cyberic

It is wonderful what you do Mitch.

Mitch - all of those smiles are making me smile!

I had a step back week for an overall 20 mile week plus a spin class. Outside today for 9 miles along the waterfront. The ice clearing has extended beyond the tourist zone so I was able to go along our urban trail and down Marginal road by the port, spring is coming and I need to re acclimate to outside. I cut it short (around 1:45) because I got cold after 90 minutes, nice and bright and sunny though - lots of happy runners and walkers on the same loop.

A

Recalculating...

From the Internet.

Mitch, you are just the best kind of person Smile Great job and great pics!

Ending my week with both a long run distance PR and weekly mileage PR - 13.1 miles yesterday, 39.75 for the week! Long stressful week plus calorie deficit means I was too tired to go for an extra 0.25 to make it an even 40, haha.