Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - Feb 16 & 17 (Read 25 times)

an amazing likeness

Running from winter, HMT racers will be making their way to southern cities as mid-way through February we've hit a huge weekend of race plans on our calendar. So early in the year, wow.

A quick scan of weather predictions shows bobev will likely take on the warmest day with temps in the mid 60s (F), and Large Gazelle will be bounding across the plains of Montreal in the low teens ~15F (sacrebleu!). The folks running Birmingham look to have won the lottery with near perfect mid-50s predicted.

Feb 17 jblackjr Mercedes Half Birmingham, AL 2:15:00 1st HM
    Feb 17 hog4life Mercedes Half Birmingham, AL 1:50:00  
    Feb 17

lagrande-

gazzelle

Montreal Hypothermic Half Montreal, QC, CA

1:45

Feb 17 Snickers1230 Sugar & Spice Half  Clear Lake, TX 2:30  
    Feb 17 bpink76 26.2 with Donna Half Jacksonville, FL 2:05:00  
    Feb 17 bobev Livestrong Austin (Keepin' it Weird), TX 2:59:59  
    Feb 17 Docket_Rocket A1A Ft Lauderdale Marathon Ft Lauderdale, FL Survive  

Wishing good luck, fleet feet and easy miles to all our weekend racers. Trust your training, don't let your mind overrule what your body's been training to do and go get those goals!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

vegefrog

Good luck everyone! Hope you have great races!!!

bpink76

Eek!  Just found out that 3 miles of my race is ON the beach.  I've never run on the beach unless you count chasing my kids.

2013 Goals:

5K: 25:00

10K: 52:00

Half: 2:00:00

an amazing likeness

Eek!  Just found out that 3 miles of my race is ON the beach.  I've never run on the beach unless you count chasing my kids.

I've never been to the Jacksonville area, but the beach section is anything like the hard packed sand along the Carolina shore (ie Hilton Head) it will be ideal running surface

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

bpink76

Yes they did say it is hard sand. At least it will be pretty!

2013 Goals:

5K: 25:00

10K: 52:00

Half: 2:00:00

daneda

Wow.  Lots going on this weekend!  Best of luck to everyone!!

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Good luck everyone! I think we're ready!

bob e v
                2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

hog4life

I drove down and picked up my packet earlier this morning. Weather is calling for 30 at the start a d 38 at 9:00 am which I'm hoping to beat. This will also be my first time running with pacers. I've decided to hang close to the 3:45 marathon pacer(8:35 mm). If I fade a little, should still make it under 2 hours.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Quick report, will explain more in Race Report thread when I get a chance. I finished the Austin Livestrong Half Marathon in 2:56:49, w min off PB pace. A little disappointed but happy to be under 3 hrs for first time in last 3 halves. Have some lessons learned to keep in mind for next half - which I haven't identified yet. A fun run with lots of crowd support and enthusiasm!

bob e v
                    2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

hog4life

Bob, nice job getting under 3 as you wanted.

I totally smoked my half with a near 10 minute PR of 1:51:33 surpassing the old mark of 2:01:20. I stayed right with/behind the 3:45 marathon pacer. They started to lose me around 9.5, and I thought I was fading quite badly. But after looking at my Garmin splits, I think they sped up a little. I'll get more details and a RR up later, time for a nap.

HappyFeat

I totally smoked my half with a near 10 minute PR of 1:51:33 surpassing the old mark of 2:01:20.

WOW!  Fantastic! All your hard work paid off. Congratulations!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

hog4life

RR is up in the RR thread.

daneda

Way to go both Bob and hog4life!!  Glad to hear both your races went well!

Snickers1230

Kinda got a PR, but officially I did not...  I put up a race report in the thread.

Congrats Mitch and Bob on your halves!

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  For the first time in two years, there was a Winter day in Miami.  Weather for the race was low 40s (feels like 30s), but super windy (23mph), most of it a headwind.  I PR'd with 4:34:09, so very happy, since I was just doing it for fun.

Congrats to all our racers.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page