Half Marathon Trainers

Half marathon trainers- May "08 (Read 594 times)

Just getting things going for the new month... Check in often! Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

I've been bad. I've gone from running lots to running not at all. A kind of super taper. Still 5k today, 3k tomorrow, HM the day after. Thats the plan.
        Today is a rest day for me. Tomorrow is my second 5k race--I'm just hoping to beat the one from 2 weeks ago (29:43).
          I'm running a half next weekend. Been having some issues with my right knee over the past couple of weeks.... I'm not pleased, can't figure out what caused this. Will test the knee during my 10k race this Sunday. I think after my half on May 11 it will be some rest time. JR
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good luck at your race, JR and mom! JR, I hope your knee gets better quickly. I had a PR run of 10 miles yesterday, then had a wonderful 5-mile run today. I was very surprised that today's run was as wonderful as it was. I'm getting stronger! Tomorrow my 10-year-old daughter wants to try for 5 miles - the hard part with her is to get her to slow down!! Now that's she's running more in the warmer temps, she's eating like a horse. It's funny, because she weighs only 55 pounds or so. I think she's about go spurt up a few inches. She's still the shortest kid in her 4th-grade class. Have a great weekend! Teresa
              Good job, Teresa! That's so awesome about your daughter, too.
                Good Running Teresa! I had to dreadmill run my 3.5 as I am traveling for business, but I look so forward to getting back home and my easy pace 5 miler on Sunday! Hooray! Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Cheffy - good luck burning those calories off! Wink

jules2

Hotest day of the year so far a lovely run along a old trailway line with the flowers all coming out and green everywhere. 12 miles in 1:24:00 but on a flat course, taking it easy now as I have my next half a week on Sunday. I still haven't quite worked how to run it or what shoes to wear, it depends on if I feel I can get a PB ( 1:29:25 ) or not. last year to cheer myself up I bought some race shoes they do improve my speed but tend to destroy my feet. Happily I'm over my injuries I've run 320 so far this year compared to 424 for the whole of last year. I've never kept a real record of my cycling and so far this year I have done 859 before I update it for last week. Good luck to anyone racing this weekend.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

My daughter and I had a wonderful run - 46 degrees and light rain. I was clipping right along, but she said it was fine. We ended up going 5.2 miles in 54:23 (10:28 pace), which is a tempo run for me, really. It's the first time I've come home after a run that long and told DH, "That was FUN!" I'm glad we're having a cool spring - that helps my running a lot.
                        I'm planning on running 10 miles tomorrow (Sun 5/4). I ran 8 1/2 last week and felt really good. My longest run up to this year was 6.5 and I've been increasing a mile or so every week, except tomorrow will be a 1 1/2 mile increase. I've set it up, so that it's the same course I ran last Sunday up to the 8.5, at that point if I'm tired or hurting I can quit or continue a little further. The best news is that my water belt arrived yesterday (ordered it on Wednesday) so I'll be able to carry water and Gatorade with me rather than stash bottles and go back and pick them up and I can sip whenever I want. On the negative side, I've realized that the 1/2 M I'm planning on running Sun June 1st is only 6 days after my 5 miler (Memorial day) and it's a tough 5 miler. I'll really have to plan an easy week with lots of rest.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

I ran my 5k race today--I think about 29:45--I'll have to see the official results posted online tomorrow. It was fun and felt great. I'm ready to go farther.
                            i did my half today. almost 6 min PR. i'm completely and totally over the moon race report (with photos) http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/b9f502bec76649178b039fb8ba1ff06e well done on your race waytogomom
                            Teresadfp

One day at a time

AWESOME jobs, mom and Mandy! I'm going to read the race report after I get the kids up for church. You guys rock! Teresa
                                Did my 10k today, a week after my hilly half marathon. I did only a single, slow training run this week, of 5k, and have only been running about 17 miles a week on average for the last 2 months, so surprised and very pleased to run 46:19! Stood knee deep in very cold pond water this afternoon changing the pump and cleaning out leaves and debris from last fall- I thought weekends were for relaxing? Going to have a nice Dominican cigar and a couple of glasses of cabernet to celebrate. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.