Half Marathon Trainers

1/2 Marathon Trainers, Week of Oct 25th (Read 1697 times)

JoeInTX

Hello People!     We have had a Weekly thread for the past couple of years over on the old Cool Running website.  Well the latest "upgrade" has made it very frustrating to post, sometimes impossible!

Not to step on any toes here, but thinking of moving to this site.  The posting "engine" here looks pretty robust.   Now I see there is a Monthly thread already.  SimonR is that you?  I'm pretty sure we'd get more members here too.    So whether there is a Weekly or Monthly thread, peeps can continue to post where they like or maybe we can even merge somewhere down the line. 

So if anyone thinks this is a  cool idea and wants to post here, welcome!   BTW, check the Calendar link and add any races! 

Joe

1/2 Marathon Trainers Calendar

JoeInTX

I'll start here and say I had a good 8 mile run yesterday!   I'm currently training for a 1/2 Marathon on Jan 10th.  It is the Sugarland 1/2 Marathon.   Was originally going to do the Rock & Roll 1/2 in Phoenix but plans for that fell through.  So decided to do one more local.   BTW, the Houston one filled up within 24 hours so missed that one too.

Joe

chuck43

Hey Joe!! I'm back training now and my knee is doing good. Going to try a long run on it this evening. Not sure how far, depends on knee but at least 10 miles.

Hey Joe / Chuck!

Saw your message on FB and found you here... I log all my miles here, so don't mind where we post - just don't want to loose the group!

I biked to bootcamp Friday (where we did boxing), then ran 11 miles as my long run yesterday to get me back up to 35 for the week. Also went kayaking today... i'm feeling pretty tired Smile

Going to see if I can get my ticker on here!

Happy running

Cara x

29/04/2012 Milton Keynes Marathon: 3:42:06

21/02/2010 Sussex Beacon Half Marathon: 1:51:30

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Nice to see new people here!  Joel, I'm from Austin originally, but live in southern Maine now.  I'm a very slow runner, but I enjoy it!  I ran a HM in New Hampshire a couple of weeks ago.  I've taken a little time off but am ready to hit it hard again.  I'm thinking about signing up for another HM in February.  I figure if the weather is just too horrible that day, I won't do it, but at least I'll have something to shoot for.

RunningAhead is a wonderful site - I think you'll like it!

OK - can't make my ticker work... anyone know if it's possible...? I will miss my big visual guide which tells me I only have 5 months, 3 weeks and 3 days until my next marathon...

29/04/2012 Milton Keynes Marathon: 3:42:06

21/02/2010 Sussex Beacon Half Marathon: 1:51:30

Teresadfp

One day at a time

You could post your question on the "Technical Support" board and someone would be able to tell you, one way or the other! 

JoeInTX

Cara!  Thanks for making the move!  And hope most of the others decide to move here too! 

Hope you can get that ticker to work! 

JoeInTX

Nice to see new people here!  Joel, I'm from Austin originally, but live in southern Maine now.  I'm a very slow runner, but I enjoy it!  I ran a HM in New Hampshire a couple of weeks ago.  I've taken a little time off but am ready to hit it hard again.  I'm thinking about signing up for another HM in February.  I figure if the weather is just too horrible that day, I won't do it, but at least I'll have something to shoot for.

RunningAhead is a wonderful site - I think you'll like it!

Theresa,

Thanks for the welcome!   Hope you decide to join us here.  If you're slow, I'm sure I'm slower, no worries.  Hope you decide to sign up for that 1/2 in Feb.   Post here and let us know of your progress.  

As for the weather, guess that's a chance we all take, however guess that's what part of the training is for.  If the weather is bad, we should still go out for our training runs!    Well most of the time.  Wink

Joe

JoeInTX

Hey Joe!! I'm back training now and my knee is doing good. Going to try a long run on it this evening. Not sure how far, depends on knee but at least 10 miles.

Chuck glad to see you here!   Hope your long run this evening goes well.

cyndit

Hey guys...don't personally care where we are but I don't  want to lose the support of the group!  Joe, thanks for finding us a new home.....active isn't working again today (still).   I'm really looking forward to race reports (particularly from Snowman!)....hope we all find our way here.

Got 8 in yesterday and 10 in today.  Total this week was almost 30...not bad for a recovery week.  Bought a medicing ball and a KB....figure if Spice is nice enough to pace me, I'd better do her justice!  Got alot of work to do before the More in April. 

Also got my tattoo....its pretty cool...says "I will endure" in chinese symbols...on my right calf (vertically)...awesome!

Hope I find my way back here again.

Cyndi

hey yall

just a quick post, i am in the kitchen getting things ready for the school week/grilling out tonight.

41.5 miles last week, it was week one of training for mardi gras marathon

i hope we can find it easier to post here. if so i am all for it!

missed a bunch last week, but think i can do better keeping up this week.

kinda got something going on this weekend, spice? lol good luck on race week!

love to all

JoeInTX

Cyndi - Glad you found us here.  Guess you were one of the ones that didn't many problems on the other site.  Believe me, I gave it more and a second or third chance.    Especially when trying to start the thread.   Of course folks are free to post wherever they want.  I'm sure there will be support on each site.   I didn't really want to do it, resisted once already, but this morning seemed to be the last straw.

MissWendy - Hey girl, glad you found your way here.  Smile

Joe

JoeInTX

BTW, just tried getting onto the old site, again it says Scheduled Maintenance!  

JoeInTX

Testing posting here from my Crackberry.