Half Marathon Trainers

1/2 Marathon Trainers, Week of Oct 25th (Read 1697 times)

Great race report Snowman! Congratulations!!

Good call on taking it easy this week.

Anj - Just figured it out. You have to check the "Allow world to see profile" (or something like that) box for it to be visible.
        Or perhaps not....I can see it on the profile page but not when I post.....

hey yall

6 miles this morning, in the dark. it was really cloudy so i had to change my route and stay under the street lights.

hey joe thanks for getting us started over here, hope it works out for the best.

cara...hows your ticker, lol. i am still using the old book, the 40-60 mile plan. but i intend to add more tempo miles and try to keep up with the speedwork.

lorie...i cant reply from my phone either. wonder why? i use the old pfitzinger book and add some of my own twists on it.

chuck...glad you are better.

cyndi...hope recovery goes well

rob...hope your hip is better soon. i am hoping to make it to the start in feb for the full

antrelle...hello! i love those compliments they really keep me going.

doc...glad to hear you are getting back out there. maybe you can make it to nola in feb!

snowman...wow! 3rd in ag! lol RESPECT the bib number! great job.

macd...ultra, no, not for running. Wink

shelia...hope your hip feels better.

hello to anyone i may have missed!

love to all

Looks like we have a new home!  Thanks Joe, I didn’t need active’s instability anymore.  Now just to learn to navigate around here...

Snowman – Great job and great report.  It sounded like a very cool race and as usual you had a pretty amazing time.

Cyndi – Nice “recovery week” 30 miles.  Where are the pictures of the new tattoo?

Lorie – Congratulations on the two year mark of starting racing, those are some pretty amazing accomplishments.  I’m still on the fence about Hyannis (weather!!) but have the same issue as you.  I don’t (can’t) wait until spring and a road trip isn’t in the budget this winter.

Rob – sorry to here about the hip.  Hopefully it’s nothing serious and you can get back out there soon.

Wendy – Great training week.

OK, I learned something new about racing this weekend.  Pizza and beer the night before a race is not a good idea.  I took my oldest daughter to a haunted house Saturday night with a bunch of her friends and neighbors.  Then went back to a neighbors house for an last minute get together.  Unfortunately I also had plans to run a 10k the next morning.  I think my ½ two weeks ago made me a little overconfident.  The race had hills I didn’t know existed.  The last hill at the 5 mile mark did me in.  I walked to the top of the hill and then needed to walk once more before the end.  I still ended up with a pr of 52:30, but I was at 23:45 at the halfway point, so something to work from.

Rick

Upcoming Events Current PR's 11/8/2009 - Luv 2 Run 5k 23:52 10/11/2009 BAA 1/2 Marathon 1:53:46 10/25/2009 - Canton Fall Clasic 10k 52:30

Snowman

Oh, sorry, I meant to say how Pinky did.  She finished around a 1:36:55 so she obviously tried keeping up.  She was 6th female overall.  From talking to her, she was probably 40-43 years old.  Excellent Runner!

I will outrun the storm and run faster than horses

chuck43

Hey everyone asking about Chad. He is home in Washington St. Waitting on a MRI then we'll know more. Should here about that this week. Do know the surgery will be done in a civillian hospital. Also he will be comming home after all is said and done on a 130% disability. Which will give him and his family full bennies. Thanks so much for all the prayers!

This site is pretty cool, I jus hit favs and it's there, no begging posting , not to be there!!! Hope everyone makes it. I still have to figure this hole cut and paste thingy!

JoeInTX

Glad to see everyone making it across here!  

Doc825 - Good to hear on your new shoes!  Yes, the Cowboys did look pretty good yesterday.  Let's hope they can keep it up!  Okay, I'll hope they can keep it up!  lol

Teresa - Thanks for pointing out the emoticans!  

Snowman - Excellent race report!  LOL on your bib #2!  But what about Pinky?  Did you see her at the post race party?

Sheilah - Glad to see you here!  Have a good long run today!  Have you had your veggies today?  

Anj - The pic on my profile is either a 143 kb .gif or 176 kb .jpg.  I don't remember which of the two I used (pic is same).

Macd - Glad you made the move here!  Good job on your last long run!  My 8 on Saturday did go well, thanks.  I'm also hoping everyone moves here too.  I'll probably post the URL again from Facebook in case anyone missed it.

Anj - Hope ya'll get the pic thing figured out.  I didn't do anything special on mine.

MissWendy - Glad your 6 in the dark went well.  We've been getting hammered here with rain all day!  Thanks, I'm hoping this works out for everyone also!  

Rick - Good to see you here.  LOL on the Pizza/Beer on race day eve!  

Snowman - Thanks for the update on Pinky!  So did you exchange emails with her, so you can invite her to post here with us?  I know of a good username for her!  lol  

Chuck - Good to hear your son is back in the states.  Thanks for the update. The cut and paste shouldn't be too tricky.  What I do is write my post on Notepad.  Then, login click the reply button and once the editor window appears, select the text from Notepad, do CTRL-C (to cut), click in the editor window, then CTRL-V (to paste).  Hope that works for you.

Joe

Snowman

If you're having trouble with your pic uploading, be sure you go to OPTIONS.  The last link is to MY FORUM OPTIONS or something like that.  You'll be able to upload your pic/avatar there.  If its too big, there is a spot on the left that will shrink the pic down for you.  Then be sure you save.

jayazusa

Wow, was going thru withdrawls! Joe thanks for setting this up, it will be nice to have a consistant reply button and be able to access the site.  I have a lot of reading to do to catch up, 4 pages and it is Monday AM, Crazy. Just browsing around this sites run logs look great and it integrated with my Garmin.

Upcoming events:

• 4/3/2011 - Marquee Olympic Triathlon
                      • 5/7/2011 - Rio Salado Olympic Triathlon

Completed:

• 3/5/2011 - Run for Ryan House Half Marathon 1:50:43
                      • 1/16/2011 - PF Chang’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon 1:57:48
                      • 12/5/2010 - Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon 1:59:19
                      • 11/7/2010 - Amica International Triathlon - Finished 2:50:16
                      • 10/9/2010 - Prospector Olympic Triathlon - Finished 2:48:25
                      JoeInTX

Snowman - Thanks for the tips on the avatar pic.  BTW, how is it yours changes?  Surely you don't manually keep changing it do you?   

Jay - Glad you found us, yes we are off to a running start huh?  And yes the training log does read your Garmin directly!  Pretty cool!

Snowman

Yeah Joe, I keep changing it.  LOL  I'm never happy with what I pick so I went back to the ol' snowman picture.  Building my profile now which is pretty neat.  You can put whatever info you want and put another picture in there as well.

Excellent choice on the new site.  Glad you moved us over here!

doc825

yeah, i second that. i'm having fun in here!!

GREAT JOB SNOWMAN!!!!!

runlongrunfast

Hello People!     We have had a Weekly thread for the past couple of years over on the old Cool Running website.  Well the latest "upgrade" has made it very frustrating to post, sometimes impossible!

Not to step on any toes here, but thinking of moving to this site.  The posting "engine" here looks pretty robust.   Now I see there is a Monthly thread already.  SimonR is that you?  I'm pretty sure we'd get more members here too.    So whether there is a Weekly or Monthly thread, peeps can continue to post where they like or maybe we can even merge somewhere down the line. 

So if anyone thinks this is a  cool idea and wants to post here, welcome!   BTW, check the Calendar link and add any races! 

Joe

1/2 Marathon Trainers Calendar

Hey Joe! 

So you have moved to this forum!  it is much easier to use!  I have signed up for my second half marathon.  Not until April tho... it is the Moore Half in NY... Smile   can't wait.  LOL....   

Berry

JoeInTX

Snowman - Do you know if the site supports having a ticker from tickerfactory.com?   If you figure it, please let us know!