Half Marathon Trainers

May (Read 30 times)

hog4life

May is here.

I did a 6.5 mile bike ride with GS last night. I ended April with 129.26 miles, which included 10 rest days! Tonight I am looking for 10 ish. I'll do a couple mile WU, run our 10k course with a couple miles at race pace(8k on Sat), then do a few with the NOBO group.

redleaf

today is the start of two months of being more well-rounded (in order to be less round) Big grin

I had a massage for my legs this morning and they feel great. I have spin class tonight at 6 pm.

I'm going to try to dig out the weight training exercises my old personal trainer gave me to do at home. I hope to do those tomorrow Smile

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

NO run today - pouring buckets this morning and no time for the gym as I had a class and work meeting tonight, not how I wanted to start May.  Getting out there tomorrow morning for sure.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Nana_

Schedule Rest Day here for me.

I only "run" every-other-day.

But I wanted to pop in and say Hello because I so rarely do.

:-)

I just completed two-whole-months of every-other-day consistency, which is the best I've done in a few years. :-)

I'm walk-jogging 2 miles a couple/few times during the week, and 3 miles on the weekend.

Now that it's May...I'll bump that up just a tad in the long run.

June, I'll bump up one of the mid-week short-runs.

As you can tell, I don't push myself much, but #1 goal is to remain injury-free...and my knees are already sore, so . . .

22 more weeks until the Starting Line for me!

Cyberic

NO run for me today. First time in a long time I take two days off in a week in which I'm not injured. My attempt at a small taper before my 10k race saturday. Tomorrow, an easy 6-7k to get the blood flowing before the race.

hog4life

Jo, take your time building up and listen to your body.

Cyber, take tomorrow's run easy with some strides.

I got a little over 12 today. 8.26 miles at 8:54 pace, then the balance with the NOBO group. I'll do a few easy tomorrow with Bella, then she will be doing her first race on Saturday. It's an 8k, and was my very first race back in 2010.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Did 18.10 miles yesterday, with the last 8 miles on the TM due to the heat (7am, 86F, yuck).  5-6 recovery miles tonight.  My April mileage was 204.20 so I guess my comeback is done.

Mitch, nice April mileage.  Hope your 10 went well and that your 12 go well too.

redleaf, hope you end up well rounded but less round.

Barbs, hope your weather improved.

Jo, love the consistency.  Keep it up!

Cyberic, good luck with the 10K.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Got out for 3 wonderful miles this morning before the next brief rain shower.  Decided not to do the half this weekend.  Just not feeling it and I decided I need to just run to run, forget about the racings and the stress of it.  Have fun!

Jo - glad you checked in and are being consistent that is what counts.

D_R - you rock!

Cyber and Hog - Hope you have nice easy runs.

Red - awesome job adding variety.

HF # 1189

hog4life

11+ on the day so far with an 8k PR of 38:08. Bella was amazing!!!

Cyberic

Race over. Happy with my result. Now I can enjoy a Boston Montreal NHL playoffs hockey game.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

The weather continues to be crap here. We had a couple of decent days this week, but today there's a chance of snow. Not much motivation to go out in that crazy wind. I've been streaking for a few months. I have a 10K next weekend; I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Hello!

Finally some decent sunny above 0 weather this weekend. Ran an easy 3 yesterday and then added 3 hours of yard/ garden work, it was a bit if a mistake for today's long run. Made it through a hilly 2 hour run before letting up to walk, hamstrings were cooked. After a bit more garden clean up today-  feet are up and I am  gardening with my eyes (reading "Tender" by Nigel Slater)

I decided to dial back my HM in 2 weeks to 10k. Having much more success with weekly tempo runs than with the long run. Planning out a post race workout schedule with more yoga, easy hour long runs and no tempo/ fast running before fall HM build up. Gotta work on my stretching and flexibility.

Docket - don't know how you do it! 60F (12C?) felt so warm to me today!  (a giant jump from a midweek sub zero)

Meg - I guess Regina trumps Halifax on wind - although every spring I think I'm going to actually get lifted off of the ground ...

Jo - consistency is they key To running. I'm still learning that lesson.

happy Sunday, A

Recalculating...

Beautiful weekend in NE. Walked on the beach yesterday and my legs are feeling it today. 3.5 miles this morning a bit of wind but at least it was in the 50's. going to start weekly beach run in 2 weeks to mix it up.

HF # 1189

hog4life

A, do you enjoy the yard and garden work? I would love to have a beautifully landscaped yard, but don't like the work involved in making it look that way. Glad to hear your weather is getting better.

Meg, snow in May? Yikes! I don't know how you guys and gals run living up north.

Damaris, your recovery has been outstanding!

Tonight is my NOBO class, I am hoping to get 6-8 before class. The class starts at 6:30, so that means I have to run around 4:45 or so, temps are calling for 88 today, it's gonna be a warm one.

redleaf

so far so good. My week's go Monday to Sunday so here's my summary of the first, albeit partial, week of May:

May 1 - massage; spinning class - 45 minutes

May 2 - long walk at lunch; 5 min warm up; stretching; 2 circuits (squats, shoulder press, bicep curl that kind of thing)

May 3 - 44 minute run (10:1s) + 5 min @ warm up / cool down

May 4 - 3.5 hours running around at Canada's Wonderland with a toddler. I wanted to do another run the same as yesterday but seriously, we were at the park from 9 am to 12:30-1 pm and the only time we weren't moving is when we were in lines for the rides and then on the rides. And there weren't a heck of a lot of lines 'cause we went early and because they had called for crappy weather but it was quite nice, just a little chilly when the wind picked up.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362