Half Marathon Trainers

February (Read 59 times)

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Glad to see all the positive reports of late (with Mitch healing a bit with walking until no pain)

Zel: I agree, have to watch the little guy, he's an 8lb Yorkshire Terrier. Will continue to examine his pads and take him for walks, but limit running time and distance until I see its ok. Am thinking about putting on some liquid skin to see if it helps him

Had a pretty good 7mi run with the group. Had minor intermittent heel pain in both feet - was using Vibram Sprints the last few runs for the first time in a long while. Am taking a couple of days off and did first core training this morning in a long time - something Coach Ashley talked to us about after the long run yesterday. I need to take it more seriously - calves have been tight all week and I really should roll them more often etc. Did a good job this morning. Will pass on tomorrow;s 5k run and just walk/roll/core workout me thinks!

ya'll Keep on Keeping on!

bob e v
    2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

daneda

Haven't been able to post lately, my work week was crazy last week!  But, I still managed to get all my runs in, which I'm pretty stoked about...  Wound up with 40mpw for the first time.

Yesterday's long run of 11.5 miles was COLD!  The temperatures weren't too bad, but I didn't realize just how strong the wind was!  At one point it was gusting so hard I felt like I was running in place!  Roll eyes  So my muscles are a little sore today, and I'm assuming that's why.  I'll probably go for a super easy 3 miles after work to loosen up.

Seems like everyone's races over the past weekend went well.  Congrats to all!

Hey everyone,

5.25 tonight at the park, cold but had shorts on.

hog4life

Bob, I think you got me confused with someone else, MilkTruck was the one that mentioned walking till no pain. I made a comment to him that I agreed with him. It appears a though he is having a bit of a struggle with some nagging injuries.

On another note, my week as sucked do far!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Way too much snow outside-today, although it was warm enough.  So, 6 miles inside track today.  Took a walk lap every 2 miles.  Could have gone farther if time allowed.  Got in a few hillervals yesterday on the TM.

Zelanie

10 mile MLR done.  There are just two of those before they start to come back down in distance too.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

won't be long and you'll be calling 10 miles a "short run".  I'm getting more excited about your HM than mine, Melanie.

10 mile MLR done.  There are just two of those before they start to come back down in distance too.

Zelanie

Yikes!  The pressure!

I was thinking about it yesterday just because I ran the same route that was so tough just at the start of January.  Now it's no biggie.