Half Marathon Trainers

49 days until Vancouver HM ... (Read 269 times)

Jeffrey

Holy mackerel. That's what my polar watch countdown says: May 6th is the day of the race. I got brutalized by old-man-winter in the Seattle HM last November. I ran a 1:55 in that one, my first HM. The memory of that race still pains me. I am hoping to run the VHM around 1:4x. Perhaps that is an aggressive estimate. However I did run a 1:47 13.1 training run in February (and then promptly came down with a killer-cold). Now I live in fear of The Cold coming to get me again ... Smile
      I've heard Vancouver is a beautiful one - enjoy and report back! No COLD allowed!!
      Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
      Jeffrey

I can't believe it. I got another cold on 0419. Our 3 year old is a little germ factory! Smile Now I have to try and find that balance where I am well enough to get back running ... and not elongate the sickness. This - is - torture.
        Regina

I have the same problem. Got sick about two weeks ago - a cold, a sore throat, and a really bad cough. I tried to restart training several times. But it didn't work. I was completely out of breath, weak. Dead So I missed a 10K race last weekend. Impossible to do it!! Still on Wednesday I had to stop my training after 6 km - I was feeling too weak to go on. But unexpectedly I felt much better yesterday. I was doing about 7.5 km on a hilly course - slowly, but without problems. Seems it just takes this time ... I will anyhow cancel also the 12K race I planned for next Sunday, hoping to be in a better shape again for my HM on May, 6th. At the moment I would not be able to run such a distance. But there are still 9 days ... I was hoping for a personal best in this HM. That will probably not be possible any more now, as I missed too many training sessions. But at least I will run it. And then train for a better time in autumn ... Yes
          Jeffrey

My HM is this Sunday. Cold still lingers ... I have a permanent stuffed up nose even though I am taking meds. Weird. Can't wait to see the course in Vancouver. Smile
            Jeffrey

Great race and a PR. I put a brief race report over in the Racing forum. Smile