Half Marathon Trainers

May training and racing. (Read 47 times)

Don't know about that, HF, but it was a wonderful experience. Mostly wide trails with crushed limestone, through woods with huge maple trees, ferns and wildflowers, little streams, a big grassy plain lit by moonlight, deer, really a beautiful place.

Good job on the mileage and consistency, MT!

My running is always inconsistent in May and my mileage low because of competing demands for my time, so although I have only done about 80 miles so far this month it is not bad for May, the average over the last 5 years is only 50 for the month.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

an amazing likeness

Last day of May....hope everyone's doing well, especially all who are working to heal up from nagging injuries -- HappyFeat, Zelanie & Hog4life come to mind. I'm sure there's others, no slight intended.

For Meg, Simon and the others up the Great White North of Canada, winter has got to be over by now...so hope your miles start building up.

We haven't heard from our NZ contingent in a while, wonder what's happening around the world?

Anyone heard (maybe via FaceTweetBook or whatever) anything from VegeFrog?

Just checked my log, and I've logged 4 runs this year with a temp over 70F. Today's temp is 87F, and race temps for Sunday will be 75 - 80F. Not gonna be a fun day...I'm thinking that only approach is the start hard when it's coolest to bank some time and fade the finish as the temps climb.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

hog4life

MT, make sure you hydrate well for a day or two leading into the race. Temps are in the high 80's here in Alabama already, looks like summer will be rough.

May will be my lowest mileage month since last September when I was recovering from surgery, ll have a little over 55. I haven't run in 14 days, but will try in the morning as we are doing our local 5k. I'm going to be a pacer, maybe around 9:30-10:30 pace. If I can't run, then I'll just walk in the back with the walkers. 2 of of my grandkids will be going with me to help volunteering.

Zelanie

Good bye and good riddance to May, I say.  Hope that June brings better runs for Happy Feat and Mitch!

Teresa- Hope that this week was as good for you as last week was!

Simon- Congrats to your son!

Milk Truck- Good luck this weekend!  I've never read a RR where somebody said "boy, I'm so glad I banked time at the start", but maybe in this case?  I hope you have a great race, though!

As for me, I've had a really good week, and finally seem to be able to add some miles back again without irritating anything.  There's even a chance to get back over 100 miles in June, I think!  Having the physical therapist's advice as far as what to add and when is really helpful.  The plan is to run 4 both Saturday and Sunday, then on my Monday appointment we will talk about the plan for next week if things are still going well.  He's thinking I might even get discharged before the 6 weeks are up if I continue to do well.