Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - Nov 16 & 17 (Read 15 times)

an amazing likeness

With apologies for the quick drive-by posting...but want to be sure we get some recognition for this weekend's racers:

Nov 17 flarunner St. Augustine Half 13.1 mi St. Augustine, FL  
    Nov 17 MrRipper Rock n Roll San Antonio 13.1 mi San Antonio,TX Bodacious PR attempt
    Nov 17 redleaf Holly Jolly Fun Run 5K Toronto, ON PR attempt

Let's see all those hours spent training pay off with great races. Run hard & have fun!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

redleaf

Mine is a weird race - it's a fundraiser for our Santa Clause Parade. I signed up thinking "awesome, first running of a race, and I get mittens and a hat AND a tax receipt." And then a week later I woke up in a panic HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE watch the Santa Claus Parade live and we're running right before the parade.

So I decided to jump in whole-heartedly and asked my friends and co-workers to donate to the parade (it's a non-profit with no public funding) and the more they donated the more I'd dress up. Hit $300 today Smile  I'll definitely take pictures and stuff so I'm not so sure about the PR Wink

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Good luck to all racing this weekend!

hog4life

Mine is a weird race - it's a fundraiser for our Santa Clause Parade. I signed up thinking "awesome, first running of a race, and I get mittens and a hat AND a tax receipt." And then a week later I woke up in a panic HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE watch the Santa Claus Parade live and we're running right before the parade.

So I decided to jump in whole-heartedly and asked my friends and co-workers to donate to the parade (it's a non-profit with no public funding) and the more they donated the more I'd dress up. Hit $300 today Smile  I'll definitely take pictures and stuff so I'm not so sure about the PR Wink

Why not shoot for making this your most fun and memorable run? Lots of people rooting for you, so I say have a blast. Can't wait to hear about it.

redleaf

Why not shoot for making this your most fun and memorable run? Lots of people rooting for you, so I say have a blast. Can't wait to hear about it.

Thanks! That's sort of what I'm planning. I'll run a few km to warm up (as was recommended here before my last. 5k - even though that still seems counter intuitive for me Wink

HF #4362

Zelanie

Redleaf, hope that you have a blast!

Quick results post:  The weather was really warm, 73F at the gun, and nearly 100% humidity.  I tempered my expectations a bit at the start and had a few rough miles in the middle, but felt strong from miles 8 - 13.  Very happy with my new PR (unofficial) of 1:36:53, taking more than 11 minutes off my Half time over this past year.  More later...

an amazing likeness

Quick results post:  The weather was really warm, 73F at the gun, and nearly 100% humidity.  I tempered my expectations a bit at the start and had a few rough miles in the middle, but felt strong from miles 8 - 13.  Very happy with my new PR (unofficial) of 1:36:53, taking more than 11 minutes off my Half time over this past year.  More later...

Dude!

11 minute PR!

Holy cow!

Nice...that's special. Wow.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

redleaf

1  minute + PR. yippie!

picture of my festive dress and race report up in the other thread Smile

HF #4362

Zelanie

MrRipper, those were hardly PR conditions, and you smashed it!  Congratulations!

redleaf

Wow - very cool! Congrats

HF #4362

Nice!  With that humidity, it sounds more like a 13.1 mile swim.

hog4life

MrRipper, congrats!