Half Marathon Trainers

Hood to Coast (Read 337 times)

I know it isn't a half marathon, but I just wanted to let everyone know how excited and nervous I am to run this race.  I am up here in Portland to run with a team formed out of my company's Portland office.  Never been to Portland before.....what a beautiful city!  Not sure how three legs, 17+ miles total, in about 20 hours is going to come off.  We'll see. Wish me luck.......

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

HappyFeat

Go Sean Go!  Good luck with your event. It sounds like loads of fun!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

an amazing likeness

Sounds fun. I'm envious.  Enjoy!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

You'll do fine.  

Couple of unsolicited pointers

The last leg will feel like the closing miles of those HM's you have run.  Remember to eat well between your runs.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Have a blast! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

I know it isn't a half marathon, but I just wanted to let everyone know how excited and nervous I am to run this race.  I am up here in Portland to run with a team formed out of my company's Portland office.  Never been to Portland before.....what a beautiful city!  Not sure how three legs, 17+ miles total, in about 20 hours is going to come off.  We'll see. Wish me luck.......

I suppose it is a corporate funded relay team?  Even better!  Enjoy.

Great beach party to look forward to at the finish - have fun!

What an AWESOME and EPIC event!!!!  If you have the opportunity.........actually, you should MAKE the opportunity.......to participate in the Hood to Coast event!!!!  What a blast!

Ran well, too.......ran all three legs not far off my 10K pace..........I was SMOKIN'!!!!!

Van 2......that's me, second from the left.

Typical scenery out near the Oregon coast (Saturday morning)....

During my last leg (leg 34).....typical scenery.....ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!

Teammates Cathi and Eric making a transition at end of leg 31.......

This is what I woke up to on Saturday AM....

Finish line on beach at Seaside, OR.....

EDITED:  SORRY!!!  Photo links weren't working at all (Internet Explorer SUCKS!).........I had to wait until my lunch hour to figure it all out.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Great photos! Glad to hear it was a good time and that you raced well!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Wow, I knew this was the grand daddy of all the relays but the number of participants and the  Beach finish / outdoor restaurant seems even nicer.  On my bucket list now.

Great stuff!

HappyFeat

Wow! Gorgeous scenery and an exhilarating experience.  So happy for you that you did so extremely well, SeanBig grin

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Thanks everyone!  Yep, this race and overall experience just shattered my expectations.  Really a great event and had an awesome time.  Now on to my next HM coming up in mid October......need to step it up for the next six weeks.

Cheers everyone!