Half Marathon Trainers

Hello! (Read 26 times)

BrooksRunner87

Hello everybody. I am new to this group and joined when I decided to run my first half in Cleveland on May 18th. This is my second week of training and I'm feeling really good. Started using a training plan from My Asics and its really simple and made for beginners. I'm really excited about the road ahead and can't wait to finish my first half next spring.

hog4life

Hi Asics, stay around, this is a great group to be a part of. Tell us a bit about yourself. How long you been running, why you started, general location.

My name is Mitch, live in N Alabama, been running about 5 years, completed 6 halves, first full in 2 weeks, 52 YO, married, 3 boys, 3 grandsons, Crohn's Disease, colon cancer survivor.

Hello Asics and welcome to the group.

My name is Josh, 40 years old, married, 3 kids (2 boys and a girl), live in Arkansas.  I got back into running this past August and am currently training for my 3rd HM March 2nd.  I agree with Mitch, this is a great group to be a part of.

BrooksRunner87

Thanks a lot. My name is Rich and I'm 26 from Ohio. I started running about 4 years ago then that took a backseat to college and work. Now that I have graduated and have more time I am getting back into the sport. Ran a single 5k because I wasn't sure I was even going to be fast enough and ended up getting 3rd in my age group. Shortly after I stopped running. I have always wanted to run a half so I decided this would be a great way to force myself to get back into the sport. I have been running for about a month and really focusing on my mileage and training plan the last couple weeks. The half I am going to run is in May, so we will see how things go.

redleaf

Hi! I'll be slightly untactful but glad you're a real person, when I read your post the first couple of times I thought it was kinda ad-like so I wasn't sure. Happy to be proven wrong.

I'm Lisa - I'm up in Toronto Canada. I'm 40, married with an almost-three-year old. I started running the first time in 2007 and again in late 2012. I've done 4 half marathons this year (1 in 2007) and I have one more scheduled. I am still a newbie runner trying to find my consistency Big grin I've lost about 30 pounds this year and have about 20 more to go.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Hi Asics and welcome!

I have been running for 6 years though I took off the last 6 months and am starting back from scratch, like you.

Unfortunately I am 62 which makes it a bit more difficult.

I like the half and have done eight as official races, it is a short enough distance that it feels like a race rather than an endurance contest, which I think a marathon would be for me.

My son got me into running, he is a year older than you, but is more of a long distance guy.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Hi Asics and welcome.  I'm Barb, 51 and live in MA. I started running in 2009 after loosing 90lbs. I had never been active and wanted to try running. Ran my first 5k on Fathers Day and was hooked.  Ran my first half March 2010 and learned a lot about myself mentally and physically.

I have run several 5k, 10k an in betweens, along with 8 halfs. Coming back from injury this year and starting training for March.

The people here are a wealth of knowledge and tips.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

BrooksRunner87

Thanks everyone for your welcomes. Its really great to hear everyones story and get some background information. Can't wait to be running races here soon so I can really say that I am a half marathon runner. Be safe and keep running Big grin

Cyberic

Hi AsicsRunner. I'm pretty new around here too, but the fact that I'm still around and writing this is proof that I like it. I'm 43, live in Canada, been running for barely a year and a half, and only have a 10k and a halfM under my belt.

Zelanie

Welcome, Asics!  Good luck in training for your half!