Half Marathon Trainers

Decem-Brrrrrr (Read 25 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Well, I finished yesterday's run after Envirionment Canada issued an extreme cold warning. We aren't out of that warning today and I don't think we are getting out of it until tomorrow.

http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?sk9#2017159051774358782201412270501

But I am at my highest December mileage and am fixing to finish the year with 2014km which would also be my highest annual mileage. I've got a few low mileage days to end December followed by a 5K Resolution Run on NYD.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Cyberic

Well, I finished yesterday's run after Envirionment Canada issued an extreme cold warning. We aren't out of that warning today and I don't think we are getting out of it until tomorrow.

http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?sk9#2017159051774358782201412270501

But I am at my highest December mileage and am fixing to finish the year with 2014km which would also be my highest annual mileage. I've got a few low mileage days to end December followed by a 5K Resolution Run on NYD.

We were pretty much spared this winter. But january and february have yet to come.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Feeling much better this week.  I actually ran 8 progressive miles last night without a hint from the groin. I am still coughing a bit but that has lessened to almost nothing.  Weights tonight.

Meg, Cy, stay warm.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Hello everyone, probably my last post here for the year.

Ran 15,5 km (9.6 miles) in a windchill of -17C (~1 F) today.

Ended up with my highest mileage month ever of 386,3 km, or 240 miles, and my highest mileage year also, at 3420 km, or 2125 miles.

I had a good half marathon in September, even if I finished 1 minute shy of my goal. I learned a lot by reaching my limit. Since I wanted to improve some more, I decided to work harder. Finished the year with my two highest mileage months ever.

2015's objective for me is my first full marathon. To be well prepared for it. I'll reach a three year objective when I run that marathon. I have no idea what I'll do next, running-wise.

hog4life

I'm visiting my FIL over in Arkansas, I managed to get an 8 mile and a 15 mile run so far. There must not be any runners around here, everyone looks at me like I'm effing crazy. It's been low 40's, and I'm out in shorts, haha. I signed up for another half on March 7, I'll get it to the races thread when I get back to a computer. This one will be a very special one, because I'll be pushing a stroller as part of Ainsley's Angels.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I ran some short mileage this week to manipulate my annual mileage. I finished the year with 1251.5 miles or 2014.1km. This is my highest mileage year ever (previous high: 1002.1 miles in 2012). This year I ran 2 5Ks (one with my 7 year old daughter, her first chipped race), a 10K, a 10mi and 3 half marathons. I qualified for Half Fanatics and set new PRs at the 10k, 10mi and half distances. I did my first destination race and met a group of RA folk which was incredibly fun. Today is Day 400 of my running streak. Pretty successful year! I'm working on next year's plan now.

Finish your year kicking! Finish well and a new start tomorrow! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

an amazing likeness

Finally got around to tallying up the year, and by posting it here I can find it later on...

December - 170 miles and final for 2014 was 2,204 mi.

Some goals I arbitrarily set for 2014 were:

• PR at 10mi
                • Run a 21:59 5k
                • Run a 1:37:59 HM
                • Marathon PR

Came close in February's only attempt at the 10mi; missed PR by 27 seconds.  Nailed  5k in May with a 21:41. Ran 7 HM's en route to chasing that HM PR, but couldn't get close due to nagging leg injuries from Sept onward. Same injury problems also meant no marathon. Unplanned, but did run a 5 mi PR of 36:14.  All-in-all, I grade the running year a solid B-.

Tried to get a few new running experiences throughout the year, which included running some local 5Ks with folks from work, and joining a team in the Reach-the-Beach relay -- these all were good.

As they say, the story is in the trendlines -- not the headlines....lots of easy miles...unfocused...need to improve that.

Lots of easy miles

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.