Half Marathon Trainers

Half marathon in January...indoors. (Read 592 times)

an amazing likeness

Well...well...well -- time apparently heals some wounds, because last night I hunted the web site for this race circle-of-death to see if there were still spots open in the 2013 version.

Someone stop me!

Fortunately, they don't have a 2013 version planned!  Whew...but it did say "check back for updates". Yikes.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Funny that this thread got bumped.  There's an indoor half marathon also in January, but in CT that I'm seriously thinking about doing.  The "course" isn't on a track, though, it's on the concourse of a hockey arena.  Each lap is roughly 0.33 miles, so it's roughly 40 laps.  

I actually want to  "practice" running the laps in a local cemetery, as I'm pretty sure the residents won't mind.  There's a series of paths in there that intersect and measure out to roughly 0.33 miles, so I want to practice making the turns and also the psychological aspect of it too.  I'd practice in some local streets, but I gotta worry about cars and also I'm afraid of freaking out those residents.  They might think I'm casing the joint.  lol

Funny that this thread got bumped.  There's an indoor half marathon also in January, but in CT that I'm seriously thinking about doing.  The "course" isn't on a track, though, it's on the concourse of a hockey arena.  Each lap is roughly 0.33 miles, so it's roughly 40 laps.  

Gah! $70 to run around the civic center at 7 in the morning?! Robbery.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Someone stop me!

"Also, at around 50 laps or so, my left hip starting cramping, I think from the constant turns. Uggh. I came close to DNF just out of frustration."

MT - 1/14/2012

DON'T. DO. IT! Big grin

2017 Goals
          1) Run more than 231 miles
          2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

vegefrog

HA!

What Matt said! Wink

an amazing likeness

Really...they should pay the runners for going into Hartford on a weekend.

There's an indoor half marathon also in January, but in CT that I'm seriously thinking about doing.  The "course" isn't on a track, though, it's on the concourse of a hockey arena.  Each lap is roughly 0.33 miles, so it's roughly 40 laps.   

I would think running on the polished and unbanked concrete floor could be pretty nasty, especially if someone spills some water on it. The one I ran last year was a smaller track, but it was banked in the corners and a running surface like that at many tracks.

But there is the upside that you don't have to worry about the weather or getting off course, or on-course porta-potties....

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I was put off by the price as well, but it at least includes a ticket for that night's hockey game.  Smile  That very well could be the only hockey I could be seeing all year at this rate!

I may raise the question about the whole floor thing, though on their FB page.  I don't see them laying down rubberized track around the concourse for that.