Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - May 5th & 6th (Read 292 times)

an amazing likeness

And the racing continues! Good luck and fleet feet to all racers - have fun! *

************This week and weekend*******************

May 5th cameraready - Indy Mini Marathon, Indianapolis IN

May 5th milktruck - 5K @ 5PM on 5/5, Freeport ME
    May 6th HappyFeat - Forrest 5k, 5k, Port Gamble WA
    May 6th Midnight Runner - Lincoln Half Marathon, Lincoln NE

* (c) 2012 ILF

If we lived in a world without tears...how would scars find skin to etch themselves into

Good luck all! I'm in a heavy (MTA: for me) training period with no racing for a bit, so very jealous.

Race Plans

?

vegefrog

Good luck to all!!!

Former runner

70° and 90% humidity at the start today. First 5k went well. Last 10 miles were more of a challenge to say the least. By the time I got to the half-way point I knew I would have to slow down. Everyone was dumping water on their heads at every water stop. I counted at least 5 people getting medical assistance by the end. I also took my glasses off since they were more of an issue with water all over them. It was easier to see without them on. Official time 2:07:17, my slowest HM ever but just finishing was an accomplishment.

Good luck to everyone racing tomorrow. Hopefully your weather will be better than mine today.

Ross

Congratulations on a fine finish, CameraReady. Sounds like you played it smart, pacing to avoid overheating. Good for you!

Use your momentum...keep going.  You know you can make it.

May 2015 training target:  3-day Rogue River Trail Running Vacation in Oregon!

http://blog.momentumriverexpeditions.com/2013/09/29/rogue-river-trail-running-trips/

My 5K trail race went quite well, all things considered. I finished in 32 min and got 3rd in AG. The 2nd place woman came in at 30 min and I never saw her during the race. It was very twisty/turny, up/down, over logs, dodging roots - challenging and lots of fun! I had to go slow when the forest was too dark to see the trail very well and when the downhills were covered with loose rocks and I didn't want to twist an ankle.  I didn't get there early enough to warm up and that hindered me a bit, but I'll know better for the next one in July.

Use your momentum...keep going.  You know you can make it.

May 2015 training target:  3-day Rogue River Trail Running Vacation in Oregon!

http://blog.momentumriverexpeditions.com/2013/09/29/rogue-river-trail-running-trips/

an amazing likeness

70° and 90% humidity at the start today. First 5k went well. Last 10 miles were more of a challenge to say the least. By the time I got to the half-way point I knew I would have to slow down. Everyone was dumping water on their heads at every water stop. I counted at least 5 people getting medical assistance by the end

Way to gut out a tough day, Ross. I can't begin to fathom how hot it must have been for that section through leading into the Speedway and then the lap of the Speedway in heat and open sun -- that must have baked you....ouch!

If we lived in a world without tears...how would scars find skin to etch themselves into

an amazing likeness

My 5K trail race went quite well, all things considered. I finished in 32 min and got 3rd in AG. The 2nd place woman came in at 30 min and I never saw her during the race. It was very twisty/turny, up/down, over logs, dodging roots - challenging and lots of fun! I had to go slow when the forest was too dark to see the trail very well and when the downhills were covered with loose rocks and I didn't want to twist an ankle.

Shocked   Yikes!

3rd in AG!  Lots of AG awards recently....Nice.