Half Marathon Trainers

July (Read 26 times)

hog4life

Damaris, the break wasn't enough apparently, as you seen in one of the other threads.

I have an appointment with a local Ortho clinic on Aug 8th. I have suspected that I may have a stress fracture in my shin for a little over a month now. I suppose there is a chance it could be shin splints too. I've had shin splints before, and the pain is nothing alike. The pain I have now is pretty much a constant ache, that when flared up, it hurts quite bad. I have been "running through it" for too long now, and want to get it check out.

Zelanie

I seem to have recovered pretty well from my HM.  I took 2 days off, and I'll wait a bit before jumping back into speed work, but other than that I just jumped back in with 8, 10, and 10 milers.  Taking it really easy, though, pace-wise.  I need to be out of town for the next few days, so I'll definitely miss Sunday and am not sure if there will be a place to run on Monday and Tuesday.  I guess we'll see.

Mitch- I really hope it turns out to be nothing.

Ouch Mitch!  I hope it is not as bad as you think.

Zel - YOu are doing great.  I love you took 2 days off and then jumped in with 8-10 milers.

D_R you alwasy do great no matter how much time you hae during the week.  XT is better than no training, right?

Cyber - That sounds awesome.  HIlls are good for the legs, so I have been told..lol

Lisa - You are doing great swimming - love the updates

Me - been running everyday still, been a tough week with my GS in the hospital, but it was my only relief between work and worry about him.  Thankfullly he has been diagnosed, on hi sway to recovery and came home yesterday.  Today's 5 miles before work was the best, 58 degrees and low humidity.  IF I didn'thave to work I would have been in for 8-10 miles..just felt it.

Have a great weekend all!

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

hog4life

I took a couple days off, and my leg is no better, nor any worse. I'll start easy up my miles again and keep the Ortho appointment I made for Aug 8th.

Great news, I think. I got an invitation to run the Bourbon Chase 200 Mile Relay on October 10th. My employer and one of our main contractors are donating money. So I have registration, hotel, and van expense paid. Can't hardly say no when it's practically free. I'm really excited, and hope I can stay healthy.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

That sounds very cool, HL! I've never done a team relay, but it's something I hope to try at some point. And to have all the bills paid is great!

I got out to run early this morning and did hill repeats. It was tough. I haven't done hills in a few weeks due to extreme heat or forest fire smoke in the air, but I got out this morning when it was still 16*C (60*C), 81% humidity and wind 22 gusting to 31kph. Now at noon, it's 25*C (77*F), 54% humidity, feels like 29*C (84*F) and wind is up to 28 gusting to 40kph. I'm so glad I ran early because it's supposed to get hotter yet. Crazy weather. Feeling pretty good though. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Cyberic

That's cool Mitch. Both the team relay and all expenses paid. Very nice.

In Madrid the temperature in around 100 during the day.... in the shade, of course. Yesterday I visited Toledo, which is one of those old cities with very narrow twisty cobble stone streets with building walls on each side, as in the old days. At 100 degrees, with the sun hitting all that stone and bricks and cement, it felt like we were in an oven. But it's dry heat, so at night the temperature goes down to high 60's- low 70s. And I run in the morning, so it's all good. It's actually a better weather for running (in the morning) than Montreal because of the low humidity. I managed my usual 6 days of running while in Barcelona, and will manage 6 days here in Madrid too.

Meg, keep at it. Find the good time to do it, and run Smile

Barbs, that's cool that you are running every day.

Zel, the woman with the cool adventures. Inspiring stuff!

hog4life

5 yesterday, 10 planned for today with some tempo stuff.

Cyber, are you getting some pictures you can share? I would enjoy seeing them.

HL that is so cool..sounds like a great time

Cyber - I hope you are taking lots of photos to show us all. It sounds amazing.

Meg - Hill repeats good for you - making you stronger.

3 Hot humid miles this morning.  71f and 93% humidity..looking forward to some relief tomorrow.  hoping to do a 90min run

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Cyberic

Taking pictures. Could post some. The problem is the time it takes to post pictures I spend doing other stuff Big grin

If I don't post during my trip, I will when I come back home.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

You can do it, Barb! It was silly weather this morning here. Left just after 6am to run, 90% humidity (average for us is about 35%) and 62*, but about a mile into it, suddenly the wind was 35 gusting to 48kph and cold. We're in a thunderstorm watch now; current outside temp feels like 33*C or 92*F. We could use some rain but hopefully no hail. Chance of both in the forecast.

Cyber, looking forward to photos when you get back for sure! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Cyber - let's see some pictures of Toledo! I didn't get there this spring. I'm in envy of that Quebec vacation time, ha!

Just working my way through week 2 of the Hall plan, I ran 20 minutes a bit above HM pace today, with a good warm up, cool down and foam rolling; easy run tomorrow and an 8 miler on Saturday. 100% humid here, ate my first home grown bean of the season and the tomatoes have popped out, waiting for them to ripen...

Happy running all, A

Recalculating...

hog4life

Got a good workout tonight, I ended with 10.53 mikes at OA pace of 8:45. My leg did ok.

hog4life

Rested on Friday. Then Saturday was 11 followed by 21 on the bike. And Sunday was 12.5 with 2 big hills. My Crohn's Disease beat me up this morning, had to make 4 stops. 31.67 for last week.

Cyberic

No storms here, it's always nice out. We drove to Sevilla yesterday from Madrid and with a little research last night I found my running spot for the week, so it's all good for another weekBig grin

Temperatures here are similar to Madrid but with humidity. But aince I run in the morning and don't do intervals or anything hard, it's all good. I made my maps public in case someone wants to see a google map of my running spots in Spain.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

The ten milers are feeling pretty tough. Hopeful that I'll have a breakthrough soon. Upside, my short run this morning, my legs just felt tired from yesterday's run, but didn't feel heavy or leaden. That's a bonus. Loosened up about midrun. Boy, I could use a nap today.

Half Fanatic #9292.