Half Marathon Trainers

Half Marathon Trainers - June '08 (Read 643 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hey, Vixi! Do you want to make Larry post a photo of himself? Then go to the end of this thread and vote for it! We need only ONE MORE VOTE! Evil grin http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/4f436bdc9b494ec8acfe81b7c05c6109/2
      Well DH is very smart (must be, he married you) But of course you probably don't listen to him, so we'll keep telling you to take it easy, be smart, and give it time. "YOU" know deep inside that pushing too soon can set you back much further than where you are now. If you have to change plans and shift your schedule, you're better off, rather than hurting yourself worse. My son went to camp twice. It was up in Vermont, I think it was the Green Mountain Running Camp at some college, butI forgot the name of the college. One of the things he didn't like, was that most of the kids that were there were there as part of the whole CC team and very clicky. In some cases the kids coaches were there as well. Hum, me thinks that was a violation of High School rules. As for girls, let's hope he just takes his time on that subject, you can all be a distraction at times.
      Hee hee! You know I couldn't resist! Logan went to a camp at Colby College in Maine last year and liked it a lot. He thought the girls were snooty, though! Big grin Thanks for the advice on taking it slowly. I need to keep hearing that from everyone! DH is good about driving that message home, also.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

So now you're doing the recruiting?
        Hey, Vixi! Do you want to make Larry post a photo of himself? Then go to the end of this thread and vote for it! We need only ONE MORE VOTE! Evil grin http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/4f436bdc9b494ec8acfe81b7c05c6109/2

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Teresadfp

One day at a time

So now you're doing the recruiting?
          Yes, but it doesn't count since Vixi didn't vote! You're right - I'm happy DS isn't chasing girls yet. His younger brother is already interested, though!
            Happy New Running Week everyone! Today was 8.5 long run, and after a nicely prepared Spaghetti dinner last evening along with a few beers during the day with my household chores, I ran like a champ! Wink Today Hub ran for the first time with his new Hydration belt, and liked it really well. Since he is always the key holder, etc he enjoyed having a storage pouch for everything. I must say, I have become accustomed to running with mine already, it gets easier every week with the reach, drink, and return technique... Teresa girl, How's the ankle doing? Are you ready to test the road anytime soon? I will bet that the small running vacation you had to take will be really beneficial to the legs... Once you are back at it, you will be better than ever. Larry: Shorts guy! Shocked I am anxiously awaiting your photo out on the main board.... You have such a good sense of humor and spirit. Of course with Zoomy poking at you, how can you NOT? Clowning around Hubby and I have placed a new updated training plan for everyone to critique. I am not QUITE up to the aggressiveness of it yet, but will be shortly. I am breaking in a new pair of shoes, and believe me, my current pair know it's time to give in. They start out nicely, but my legs are just plain beat at the end. I have to travel for business on Tuesday/Wednesday, and I plan to wear my new shoes to travel in to get through the airports so I can get some good break in time. I ran 5 miles in them last week, and my calves were real tight, so I know they need a little more break in.... sigh. This is when running gets pricey huh? Happy Running all! Cheffy Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Cheffy, my ankle is feeling better every day. PT Friday was very helpful - the guy said I caught it pretty early. I'm VERY stiff, so he gave me a bunch of stretching exercises to do. I'm going to try to jog slowly at the indoor Y track in a few minutes, just to see how it feels. Then I'll stick to the elliptical trainer. Your training plan looks great! I was looking at it enviously. You're right, I will come back stronger than ever! Smile
                Good morning everyone, two weeks until I start my official HM training. Hopefully I can juggle my schedule some to get in a mid-week longer run 6-8 miles and my speed work (intervals aren't fun or fast for me at 4 am). Otherwise I should be doing ok, completed 11 miles on Saturday with no discomfort other then trying to keep my pace slow. Anyone else starting a plan soon for those fall halfs?

IMKY13 finish!!

Anyone else starting a plan soon for those fall halfs?
                  Yup...I've already started my training plan. I've actually got one late summer half marathon, and one fall half marathon coming up. Here is my training plan: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pE5irqF-J52hJE_yFe7WzVw

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Finished off my week with 10 rainy miles on Sunday, about 29 miles for the week. not really in the mood today, I am very fearful for the safety of my daughter and her family, who live in Zimbabwe. There has been a rising tide of violence since a close election in March between the two main political parties, 90 people who supported the MDC have been killed, some in very brutal fashion. My daughter seems largely unconcerned as most of the violence has been in small rural communities, but recently there have been beatings and killings in the capital city Harare. I cannot get through by phone, and can only hope they are o.k. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Wow, Simon. I can only begin to imagine how you feel, hope everything turns out well for you and your family.
                      Teresadfp

One day at a time

Simon, I will thinking about your daughter and her family. I hope the violence ends soon. Africa is such a beautiful place!
                        Ringmaster

Simon, I will be thinking of your daughter and her family. I grew up in South America and I thought that was far. Africa! I will pray for their safety. Sorry I was away from the keyboard visiting family most of the weekend and am glad we got the necessary votes for the big reveal. Larry, you look about my hubby's age--mid 30's--except fitter! Thanks for posting that pic! I wish I could find a fall half around here. I think everybody waits for the winter to run them in Florida. Ran 10 Saturday; it was supposed to be cutback week. Dh's traveling this week so it'll be a little tougher to get my running in; we'll see how we do. In fact, I'm off to hit the tm now b/c it sounds like Vacation Bible School tired the kids out. I hope I get my 6 in!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                          Mile by Mile

I wish I could find a fall half around here. I think everybody waits for the winter to run them in Florida.
                            Vixi did you see this: http://www.131marathon.com/. I just saw it announced in an email last week. A half in Ft. Lauderdale Nov 16th! I think it would be awesome to run a half-only race. I'm out of town in Nov (plus it might be asking too much to get my knee back into racing shape by then) but I'm thinking the Miami race in March 2009 might work out well. But mid-Nov is just when the weather starts being decent again so there would be some long hot runs in the summer/ early fall to do that. You could do the Palm Beach 1/2 in early Dec too, not really fall anymore but a fun race and closer to you.

Prince of Fatness

Hope everything turns out OK, Simon.

Not at it at all. 

Ringmaster

Hey, Shaunna, thanks for pointing that out to me. A group of us are thinking of doing the Marathon of the Palm Beach's relay, and I think I'd like to run their 5k the day before, so a November half in Fort Lauderdale would be just right for me. Excellent! I'm sorry it's not right for you, but it's absolutely perfect for me! Big grin Simon, did you reach your daughter?

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                                Mile by Mile