Half Marathon Trainers

New HM (Read 511 times)

I noticed a lot of the Half Marathons were from October, anyone doing one in spring?
    Kate ;) "The pain of regret is greater than the pain of self discipline."
      I don't *think* I am --- I'm planning on a sprint triathlon in April and another in May for my focus races.... if I can find a convenient one on March or June, possibly... but everything needs to fit around those two races for me.

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

I'm planning on heading down to New Orleans and doing the Mardi Gras marathon in February. Only sad thing is I will actually miss Mardi Gras.. but it will still be cool
          Think I'm doing the Cincinnati Flying Pig HM...
          Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
          eshep

I'm doing the half at the Columbus Distance Classic on April 14th and was also planning on running the Flying Pig half in Cincy on May 6th. Have you run the Flying Pig before?
              I am doing the Indy 500 Festival in May 5th. Right now though I just not that motivated! I haven't run in a week!! I know I should and I plan to but then I let things give me a reason not to!! I even put a countdown clock on my desktop to motivate me! Hasn't helped

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

bas

I don't know what races I will run in spring yet. In january I will run a half marathon (see 'egmond halve marathon') and runchicrun will run the Carlsbad HM a week later. bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Finished!

Hi I'm new to the group Smile The Marathons and HMs are scheduled down here in the winter/spring because the weather can't be beat (desert southwest) - I'm training for my first HM in mid Feb!
                  Walk + Jog = wog.
                  I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                  I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                  Regina

I'm planning on doing two or three HMs in spring and maybe two more in autumn next year (if my friends don't succeed in convincing me that I should run my first marathon in fall - they are trying hard in this period ...!!). The first HM will be in the beginning of March and one or two more in May. So I will definitely focus my training on this distance for the moment, although I will do some shorter races, too.
                    Jeffrey

I am running the Vancouver HM in May.
                        I am doing the Indy 500 Festival in May 5th. Right now though I just not that motivated! I haven't run in a week!! I know I should and I plan to but then I let things give me a reason not to!! I even put a countdown clock on my desktop to motivate me! Hasn't helped
                        I know I won't run unless I do it first thing in the morning, I'm horrible at it! Hopefully the new year will bring you more consistency, good luck!
                        Kate ;) "The pain of regret is greater than the pain of self discipline."
                          I'm planning a couple HMs this spring. St. Louis in April and the Indianapolis 500 Mini in May. Teresa

Finished!

My first HM is just over a month away! And I'm still messing with trying to run more slowly - I'm planning on trying to work in a run/walk strategy too for my longer runs as I'm not convinced I can happily run all 13 miles considering my training plan only takes me to a 10 mi run and that the weekend before the race...
                            Walk + Jog = wog.
                            I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                            I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                              Yep plan on doing a h/m at the end of April. If I could find one in March I'd probably do it too.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I'm planning a couple HMs this spring. St. Louis in April and the Indianapolis 500 Mini in May. Teresa
                                I was wondering if you were goingto run the Indy HM! Several of us from work are running it As well as one doing the 5k. I'll talk him into the HM for next year!!!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire