Half Marathon Trainers

Bring on October! (Read 31 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Made up a plan and started on the right foot this morning 6:30 am yoga boot camp class Smile Hockey tonight at 9:30 is gonna hurt I think.

Inspired by Lisa, I made a plan too and I'm going to try to stick to it. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

hog4life

I ended up doing two 5 mile runs on Sun and Mon. Thinking about taking a bit of a cutback week so I can race a 10k on Sat. I really need that sub 50. And speaking of plans, I'll be running a half on the 8th, that I've not done one single thing from a plan. But, on Nov 1 or so, I'll start a plan for the March 1 Little Rock Marathon. I also plan to sign up for the Detroit Free Press Marathon in Oct of 2015.

Docket_Rocket

Plan?  What's a plan? 

Morning!  I have only run twice this week (3 miles with hubby Tuesday and 6 miles last night).  Meh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Hi all,

Had to quit hockey because of groin issues (maybe I said this before), but running-wise, all is good.

I wish you that sub 50 Mitch.

My planning is very loose Smile but I don't feel like I need tight planning as I have enough discipline to run 6 days a week.

redleaf

Hi all,

Had to quit hockey because of groin issues (maybe I said this before), but running-wise, all is good.

I wish you that sub 50 Mitch.

My planning is very loose Smile but I don't feel like I need tight planning as I have enough discipline to run 6 days a week.

That's a shame. I'm enjoying hockey so far but I'm a bit worried about the winter driving to get to the rink Sad

I do NOT have the discipline at all. AND I do well with a schedule so a plan is a must for me Big grin

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Plan?  What's a plan? 

Morning!  I have only run twice this week (3 miles with hubby Tuesday and 6 miles last night).  Meh.

LOL! A plan is a way to get through the winter in some semblance of decent shape and not lose the recent gains I've made despite the fact it's going to be -20*C (-4*F) for a good chunk of the next five months with usually 2-3 weeks of -35*C to -40*C temps thrown in there too. (That's all base temps and not adjusted for the wind which will make it feel colder.) I live in a crazy climate and it's so tempting to let things slide. 

I'm not far off where I'd like to be and I'm actually quite nervous about how this winter is going to go. I think I could possibly go under 2:20 next year. i don't want to lose progress.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Cyberic

...it's going to be -20*C (-4*F) for a good chunk of the next five months with usually 2-3 weeks of -35*C to -40*C temps thrown in there too. (That's all base temps and not adjusted for the wind which will make it feel colder.) ...

Hey D, are you tempted to move up in Canada? Big grin

I have to admit that it is colder at Meg's than in Montreal. The temperatures you describe, Meg, look like the ones I had as a kid in Chicoutimi, about 300 miles (500 km) drive north of Montreal.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

The one big difference between Sask and PQ is that we will have those temps with 35% humidity, not the 75-80% Quebec gets. Dry cold is about layering. But yeah, cold either way.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

an amazing likeness

Frankly Meg..and Eric...and Lisa -- the winter weather you Canadians deal with is staggering at times.

I'm just about to head out for a run to wrap up October. Mid-day run from the office in order to beat the first winter storm heading our way; the seasons have definitely changed here in the northeast.

October will end a low pretty low-mileage month, lots of days off and short runs to get both my legs to heal. Doing well for the last 10 days or so.

I have a half marathon on the schedule for tomorrow, but the course has some long, sharp downhills and I'm shying away from taking the chance of pounding downhill until I get more recovery miles. Also I really doubt my fitness level has recovered enough to have it be an enjoyable experience at the end. There's a nearby 10K tomorrow which I've never run, so I'll probably head over there instead.

Happy Halloween !  See ya in November.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

October will end a low pretty low-mileage month, lots of days off and short runs to get both my legs to heal. Doing well for the last 10 days or so.

LOL, it's all perspective. Your monthly mileage total is higher than mine. Glad the last ten days are better! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Docket_Rocket

Hey D, are you tempted to move up in Canada? Big grin

I have to admit that it is colder at Meg's than in Montreal. The temperatures you describe, Meg, look like the ones I had as a kid in Chicoutimi, about 300 miles (500 km) drive north of Montreal.

Yes.  I was born in the wrong place and live in another wrong place.  I love the cold weather and all that comes with it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page