Half Marathon Trainers

September (Read 20 times)

hog4life

Woohoo! 4 on Friday and 2 on Saturday.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

LOL! That's how my week was supposed to look, but I did Friday's 2 earlier in the week so it was more like 4 and 4. Tomorrow should be cooler so hopefully Sunday will feel better. I'm still having a lot of 50/50 runs where some parts are pretty good and some are lousy.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

erinr

Hope the ankle's feeling better.

I had my goal half today, the Chicago Half Marathon.  TLDR; I was half sick, the weather was humid, and it was pretty much a suckfest.  But I PRed by 93 seconds, so who cares about all that other stuff?!

Friday night I started getting a sore throat.  It was killing me all through the night, so I didn't sleep well.  Woke up Saturday morning feeling crummy--throat still sore, stuffy nose, and achy Sad  I tried to take it easy (minus all the walking I did around Chicago to get my packet, etc.) and took some medicines to try to help.

I woke up this morning feeling better, but not great.  It was mid-60s but humid (low 80%s I think?).  Made it down to the race and waited in the longest bathroom line ever, then called out 2 ladies for being in the wrong corral (their bibs said J and L, and they were in corral E).  That always makes me so angry!

I had the adrenaline flowing, went out too fast, and paid for it on the back end.  My first mile was 7:20, a minute faster than my goal pace.  Oooooops.  I hit the 5 mile mark at a 7:59 minute pace, then the 10 mile mark at an 8:14 pace.  I was miserable pretty much the entire time.  But once I got to 10 miles and realized I had about 27.5 minutes to make it the final 5k to hit my goal of sub-1:50 (PR was 1:50:00), I forced myself not to walk and did what felt like a sad shuffle the last 5k.  I wanted to stop and walk soooo bad, just for a few seconds.  But I knew I'd be really pissed at myself if I missed a PR by, like, 20 seconds.  So I shuffled on for what felt like the longest 5k ever and finished in 1:48:27, for a 93 second PR.  I'm thrilled!  I also placed 200th female out of 4,665--top 5%!--which I can't believe.

I'm home now after a bacon bleu cheese burger and a boilermaker (which I'd never heard of before but was delicious).  A couple new blood blisters, some tired legs, and the remnants of that weird cold thing aside, I feel pretty good Smile

hog4life

I finally got a RR posted up in the RR Sticky. Got pics too if the link works.

I have managed a few short runs, but that's about it.

ekat! Holy shits, that is awesome. Congrats on the PR

erinr

Thanks Smile  I'm still a little sore, but I'm glad I did it, and really happy about the time.  I still can't believe you ran on a sprained ankle!  That PR is definitely yours next time.