Half Marathon Trainers

haf marthon trainers week of Jan. 7th (Read 674 times)

Prince of Fatness

6.9 blustery miles this evening.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

MrPH, I'm sure all the miles will pay off for you in April. Having done a full in the fall, you probably will love the half distance--at least that's what my marathoning friends here tell me. Nice recovery run from their fulls in the fall.
      While I enjoyed the marathon and will most likely run a few more, I think that the half is my favorite race.

Not at it at all. 

wbertha

Managed to brave the cold long enough to head to the gym. Did a 6 mile tempo run on the treadmill. Didn't seem too bad until the last half mile...then it was a real struggle. Good thing I have 15 weeks of training ahead of me before I am doing my 13.1. wbertha
        Ringmaster

I miss it when I can't run outside--wish I felt like it was safer for me to go out alone early. I'm glad to hear you say you enjoy the 13.1, Mr. PH. I love reading about people running the full--the commitment, the endurance!--but I just don't think it's for me. Maybe someday, just to say I did it. Way to stick it out, wbertha! K

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
          Mile by Mile

Prince of Fatness

5.5 this evening, giving me 152 miles for January. I'll take it.

Not at it at all. 

wbertha

Did 4 treadmill miles after work tonight. Ended the month with 90 miles Shocked. Yeah for me. wbertha
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

4.6 miles for me today. 71.5 miles for January, which is more than I've ever done. Aiming for at least 80 miles in February. I'm happy!

Prince of Fatness

I'm happy!
                  In the end that's all that counts. Good job.

Not at it at all. 

63.7 miles for January! My longest run for January 5 miles. Started my scheduled training Dec 31st for my first HM on June 7, 2008.
                    Goals:HM <2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner. htfu="" encourage="" my="" dh="" to="" get="" out="" of="" his=""></2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner.>
                    Teresadfp

One day at a time

I was scheduled to run 2.5 miles today and 6.0 tomorrow, but Saturday's forecast is scary ("snow/rain/20 mph wind" - all at the same time!). So I HTFU'd and did my long run today. I felt so great I went 6.2 miles in 1:11:36, a minute faster than I ran 6.0 miles last week! I could have kept going farther, too, which was NOT the case last time. I am seriously addicted now. I'm just starting to vaguely believe that eventually 6 miles will seem "short!" I'm still glad I have almost 8 months to my HM so I can keep increasing my mileage very gradually. Have a great weekend! Teresa