Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - Sept 7 & 8 (Read 16 times)

hog4life

Congrats on the PR Meg.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

duplicate post

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thanks! With the exception of mile 13, I ran fairly even splits which was something I'd really tried to do. They've posted stats and I'm much higher this year than in previous years.

Chip time: 2:25:01

Women 35-39
        Age group placement: 85/238 (35.7%)
        Gender placement: 603/1554 (38.8%)
        Half marathon overall: 1055/2399 (44%)

Now, the next race is a 10K the first Saturday in October and I'd like to PR that, but it'll be tough.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Zelanie

Congrats, Meg and MT!  You both did great after a tough summer of training!

hog4life

Thanks! With the exception of mile 13, I ran fairly even splits which was something I'd really tried to do. They've posted stats and I'm much higher this year than in previous years.

Women 35-39

Now, the next race is a 10K the first Saturday in October and I'd like to PR that, but it'll be tough.

Meg, I could be mistaken, but I think you need to use the other half of the percentage? In AG placement, should it be 64.3%, etc.

I'm not sure but I've always seen this referred to as you finished in the top 64.3%, not the 35.7%.

At any rate, I think you did great.

redleaf

Meg, I could be mistaken, but I think you need to use the other half of the percentage? In AG placement, should it be 64.3%, etc.

I'm not sure but I've always seen this referred to as you finished in the top 64.3%, not the 35.7%.

Weird - that doesn't make sense to me at all. If you came in 30th out of 100 runners you're in the top 30 no?

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Thanks! I think I did open up my profile.  Basically, I started running in 2009 after losing a lot of weight to see if I could do it.  ran a 5k and fell in love.  I am a middle of the packer and that is okay.  I had been overwieght my entire life and never active so this is great.  I have done several smaller races, became a half fanatic in 2011 and now due 1-3 a year.  I have completed 8 half's and 1 more coming up the end of this month.  This has been a tough year, older,  slower and my first ever injury.

Always love talking to others for tips and information.  One can never learn to much!Big grin

Barbs595, welcome to the group, why not tell us something about yourself or open up your profile.  We're nosey!

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I took the percentages off my log. That's how they show on the entry for that race.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

an amazing likeness

Women 35-39

Not to pile on, Mitch, but I agree with Redleaf.  Using the overall stats:

Meg finished #1055 of 2399 finishers.  1054 runners in front of her, 1344 runners behind her.  The 1344 runners who finished behind are 56% of the total field. Meg's 1,055 position is in the top 44% of the field.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

hog4life

I don't consider it piling on, I suppose I never had it explained that way. I think I was relating it to a percentile type ranking, where if you finish above the halfway point, you would be above the 50th percentile. Did I explain that right?

Barb, I'm in search of a HF status. I should make it mid December.