Half Marathon Trainers

Anyone running Great Bay Half Marathon (NH) (Read 324 times)

an amazing likeness

Anyone else planning on the Great Bay Half coming up April 3 ?  Its a pretty neat course -- mix of country roads, some dirt roads, suburban neighbohoods, small New England town.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Look nice!  Bit of a long way from home for me - but does look good.

I'm doing the Great Forest Run the day before.  Forest roads.  Small New Zealand town.  Much of a muchness!

Have a great race

an amazing likeness

Look nice!  Bit of a long way from home for me - but does look good.

I'm doing the Great Forest Run the day before.  Forest roads.  Small New Zealand town.  Much of a muchness!

Have a great race

Is that on the North Island or South?  My NZ geography is fading, I was there many, many years ago.

North Island - just north of Levin.  I'm in Wellington and its about 2 hours north of here - luckily my boyfriend has a beach house about an hour north so I can stay there the night before.

an amazing likeness

Just an "ok" race for me. 1:43:11 (unofficial) by my watch.  I seem to be stuck as my last 4 half marathons have all been 1:43: xx.  Pretty tough course with plenty of hills, and I ran out of legs today at mile 11 and went from 7:45 miles to limp it home with the final 2 miles at 8:05 and 8:09.

I made a major scheduling error by running a 20 mile race last Sunday leading into the Great Bay Half today.  I thought since one was in March and one in April -- there would be more gap.  Should have looked at the calendar....not all that smart on my part.

HappyFeat

Well done MT - I'd be soooo very happy with that time!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Great Race Andy - Looking at your log you are running so consistently I cannot believe you'll be "stuck" on 1:43:nn for long.

2017 Goals
                1) Run more than 231 miles
                2) Be ready for  HM in the spring