Half Marathon Trainers

Hmmmmmmm...does this make me a "runner"? (Read 351 times)

2008 Philly Trifecta

It's official...signed up for my longest race yet, and a mileage I've never run before. The 2007 Philadelphia Half-Marathon!!! The race is on 11/18 and I am really looking forward to it! I've been running on/of for a while, and have always dreamed of the half and full distances...and now there's no turning back. Besides, my wife would kill me if I forfeited the $75 entery fee... So, I'm up to 20mpw, look forward to every run, the weights coming off...I gues I'm a runner?! Undecided Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
    2008 Philly Trifecta:
    10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
    Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
    Philly Marathon-11/23
    "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

I'd say so! What training plan are you using?

2008 Philly Trifecta

I'd say so! What training plan are you using?
        Shaunna Thanks! I'm using a revised Hal Higdon/marathonguide.com 1/2 marathon plan Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
        2008 Philly Trifecta:
        10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
        Philly Marathon-11/23

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Total runner! Good luck on your half! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hell ya, your a runner. Tongue Pretty soon a 1/2 marathon distance will be a "short" training run while your preparing for your first full. Good luck. When you look back on this it will be the best $75 youve ever spent. Big grin Big grin Welcome to a healthier lifestyle. Your wife will love you even more for it. PS - I just looked at your blog page. I see your currently 228 lbs. Heres some motivation for you. Six years ago, when I turned 40, I had a size 40+ waist size and weighted 236 lbs. Shocked I weighted myself today, I'm at 177 lbs, and the size 34's are pretty loose. Good luck on your weight loss.

2008 Philly Trifecta

Hell ya, your a runner. Tongue Pretty soon a 1/2 marathon distance will be a "short" training run while your preparing for your first full. Good luck. When you look back on this it will be the best $75 youve ever spent. Big grin Big grin Welcome to a healthier lifestyle. Your wife will love you even more for it. PS - I just looked at your blog page. I see your currently 228 lbs. Heres some motivation for you. Six years ago, when I turned 40, I had a size 40+ waist size and weighted 236 lbs. Shocked I weighted myself today, I'm at 177 lbs, and the size 34's are pretty loose. Good luck on your weight loss.
              Thanks for the encouragement Kirsten & slowandsteady! Man! 177! That's my ultimate marathon weight goal! Dave

2008 Philly Trifecta:
              10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
              Philly Marathon-11/23