Half Marathon Trainers

I'm gonna do TWO HMs next year! (Read 424 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just discovered that there was one 45 minutes away from me only about 5 weeks ago: Old Boy's Brewhouse Oktoberfest Half Marathon I wouldn't have been ready to do it this year, but by next year I will be game!!! backroadrunner, you in? 2 HMs followed by beer sounds good to me! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, and my time yesterday would have netted me 4th place! If I were to run that next year in under 2 hours I could be in the top 3, even! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

WOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Big grin Actually, I'm sorta wondering if I want to do 2, now. Not that that race wouldn't be really fun, but that 10 miler I did so miserably on 6 weeks ago would be only a week before that first HM and I really don't know if I could do 2 major races like that so close together. And I REALLY want to replace my PR on that crappy 10 miler...so we'll see. k

~ Sarah Kay

bas

Hey, and my time yesterday would have netted me 4th place!
            Wow! It must be an immense relief to Amylyn Robbins of Grand Haven MI that you did *not* join this time! Big grin (Sorry, coudn't resist) Blush bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Kristen, by then you'll have so much running under your belt that you could probably use the 10 miler ( the one a week before the race) as a training run and still get a PR on it while doing 2 HM.
              Big grin Actually, I'm sorta wondering if I want to do 2, now. Not that that race wouldn't be really fun, but that 10 miler I did so miserably on 6 weeks ago would be only a week before that first HM and I really don't know if I could do 2 major races like that so close together. And I REALLY want to replace my PR on that crappy 10 miler...so we'll see. k

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kristen, by then you'll have so much running under your belt that you could probably use the 10 miler ( the one a week before the race) as a training run and still get a PR on it while doing 2 HM.
                Ooh, that's a good point...by then I probably wouldn't have to run too hard to do better than this year's time...that might be a good last long run before that first HM, too. It really would be fun to do that OBB HM, too. We lived in Spring Lake, MI for 5 years before moving to our current location and my hubby works there, now. Heck, our kid was conceived in SL (unbeknownst to us when we moved...got the positive pregnancy test the day after we closed on this house). We are hoping to move back down that way in a year or two...great area for running with a paved path all around the lake in Spring Lake (also called Spring Lake)--about 12-13 mile trail (I have a feeling the HM goes around the lake, which would be an AWESOME course). k

~ Sarah Kay