Half Marathon Trainers

Any Half's planned in May? (Read 834 times)

jules2

What's up with your leg? Still a good time having a cold and a bum leg. Larry
    I've been in London so haven't had time to post. Basically I have a hamstring problem so it keeps tightening up especially after about 6 / 7 mile, I have the name of another person who it is claimed can help me so fingers crossed.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

I went over and read the most incredible race report and laughed my ass off. Please keep running and posting those reports. Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Agree with Larry, run again, SOON! Or just stop running and concentrate on the writing.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

May 31st is now 13 days away. I did a tempo run on the course yesterday and improved my time from last year by about a mintue and 40 seconds and on a windy day with no mile markers or anything to know my pace. I think if the conditions are right on race day, I can improve that even more and possibly break 1:42. I am concerned about my last three (plus) miles though, it's the section I had issues with last year and I was breaking down on it again yesterday. It starts as a long flat section of about a mile and a half and for some reason, I find myself loseing it. it's a repeat section and I timed both loops and my 2nd loop was a minute slower whcih is about 20 seconds per mile. If it's a hot day like last year, this section is out in the sun with no protection, it wasn't a good excuse yesterday. I'm heading to Florida tomorrow morning (Tuesday) and won't get a lot of running in, which is probably good for tapering and I'm hoping running in the warm/hot humid weather will help condition me for the 31st. Should really toughen me up. Will be back early next week to resume some good ole New England weather to train in for the rest of the week. I'll be off line until I return, so will catch up when I get back. Larrry

LPH

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Have a good trip, Larry! Hey, May 31 will be our 23rd wedding anniversary. How did that happen? Smile
              The Florida trip sounds perfect for conditioning, have confidence, Larry, go get 'em!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

I decided to bring my laptop along on the trip and am getting good wireless service, so I'm online tonight. Well, I went out and ran 4 1/4 miles today. I must be a mashocist, because I didn't go out to run until noon while we were at the beach and the sun was nice and hot. I did take it nice and easy though. I was concerned because my left calf was bothering me yesterday (that's the one I tore last year), but it didn't bother me running and feels better tonight. Teresa, congratulations on 23, I'll try to think of you during my race. We'll going on 35 in Sept. Larry

LPH