Half Marathon Trainers

Half marathon trainers - February 2010 (Read 815 times)

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Tomorrow is the big day, Cowtown Half marathon. Am excited and obsessed with going over race strategy, parking strategy, and everything race related. Goal is to finish easy with a pb. Stretch goal is sub 2:45. I'm hoping to keep the 2:40 pace group in site. This will be first continuous running (except for water stops) attempt.. Previous 2 halves have been run 1 min, walk 1 min

bob e v
    2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Good luck, Bobev!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

under a rock

Tomorrow is the big day, Cowtown Half marathon. Am excited and obsessed with going over race strategy, parking strategy, and everything race related. Goal is to finish easy with a pb. Stretch goal is sub 2:45. I'm hoping to keep the 2:40 pace group in site. This will be first continuous running (except for water stops) attempt.. Previous 2 halves have been run 1 min, walk 1 min

Good luck tomorrow!

I've been doing the same thing for my HM this Saturday, going over all my strategies in my head. I'm so excited I think I'm going to explode.

Hey gang ... back in the HMT mix since the Army invasion seems to be over and my main 2010 goal is sub 1:40 figured this is the place to be, which so far training is not going so well so well, but 10 more shopping months left in 2010!

Bonus to come on back the day before my boy Bobev is racing ... good luck old timer ... you will do great.

Overall training has really sucked last 2 months for a variety of reasons ... err excuses.  But hopefully can pull out a lame ass PR on guts in 8 days at 1st race of year on a 15k course that was my softest of PRs from last March.  should be hamering < 1:14 but will be exstatic with anything less than 1:21!  Should either give me hope or a big ass wake up call to get me going for May 16th Half Marathon goal race at Clev Marathon.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Welcome back Buckeye - you'll be back at it in no time. Winter training sucks. Too dark, too many treadmills!

This week has been a real slog just to get the miles in for me and they've mainly been junk miles, nothing to write home (or here) about.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend.

Bob & Ashley - looking forward to your race reports letting us know how you got on.

Bob - It's fine weather for a run in the DeeEffDubbya Metromess today. I was out early this morning and it was a little cold but it's clear, no wind to speak of and warming up just a little right now. Go for it Clowning around

2017 Goals
            1) Run more than 231 miles
            2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Good luck, Bob and Ashley! I hope you have great races! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.