Half Marathon Trainers

June (Read 29 times)

an amazing likeness

Finished 8 miles at 8 am today. I couldn't settle in my pace in the first half of the run, but it felt like a strong run overall. I don't try to hit any specific numbers. I just run.

Nice Meg, impressive. If you keep logging these 8 - 10 milers every weekend on top your base, you'll be in a great position for upcoming races. A windy day is going to have a big impact on your pace, so even effort is the rule of the day in those conditions.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Beautiful weekend for some running - got in a 90 minute run on Sunday/  Trying to focus on the time and not the miles and staying under MAF HR.  I am told this will help.  It wasn't bad, but it is challenging, especially teling myself it is ok to walk, the benefits will be worth it.  Walked a couple of miles later on the beach.  Got our for about 3.5 miles today.  I just love this low humidity, low temp in the early mornings.

Meg - You are just killing it with your train.  I love seeing it on fB and when I am feeling lazy, there you are so I say, damn gotta do it.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thanks! Smile I'm feeling pretty good (although this afternoon I would love to crawl under a blanket with too much coffee and a book). I started the streak with the goal of getting through December like a lot of people. Then in January, I thought I might as well try to get through the winter. Then I realized that I could just keep going and that my body would tell me when it needed the rest day. I'm stunned by it honestly. I thought I wouldn't be able to do it through December. My goal race is the half in September; I want to do well at it so I won't be worried about the time when I do my other race with the LLR and my sister (her first half)  in October.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Humidity is back today..knew it couldn't last.  4.2 miles this morning -still great to be outside.  Finally passed that damn 1000mile pace bunny.  Felt good to be getting it back even though it is slow.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Meg - love that streak!

I had to step back last week's runs to 30 minutes due to work/ life stuff, but I've restarted 40 minute runs this week with some longer run this weekend - I may get an extra run in as its the holiday weekend (here in Canada).

Happy Wednesday, A

Recalculating...

hog4life

8 mile run followed by a 27 mile bike ride. This heat and humidity here in Bama is kicking my tail. I tried to do a couple of fartleks today, and I just couldn't take it. My legs are feeling really dead and flat, with not turnover what so ever. I hope after a couple of rest days(this weekend is the wife's birthday), this will start to feel a little better. This will be a cutback week for sure, mid 20's or so.

Cyberic

Rest day for me today. But I'm upping my mileage a bit lately. I've been in the 45 miles range for the past 6 weeks or so, and after tomorrow's run I'll probably make it to 50 miles for this week.

Winters might be tough around here, but we get a break during summer compared to our friends down south.

I've read Jack Daniels' running Formula .I had read Pfitzinger, Hansons and Cloutier before. I like the way he explains the "why"s of each type of run. Maybe I am more receptive now after more experience, but it seems I uderstood more than I did after reading the other books.

Good running everyone.

Docket_Rocket

Sorry I have been MIA but a new bankruptcy case was assigned to me (I get 3-4 a week) and it's a huge one so it's been taking a lot of my time.  I've been running but nothing major to report.  My last LR on Sunday ended up with 14 miles and I just stopped.

Plan is to do 6-9 miles tonight.

Mitch, we do but it's rainy season down here (from May through October) so every time we want to ride, it's thundering and storming and flooding.  So, we have not ride in probably a month.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Nice job, Meg.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Eric, I love how studious you've become about the science of running!

I made it down to Costa Rica and seem to have found a decent routine of running in the morning before I have to get out and get things done.  I joined a gym because running outside wasn't working for a couple of reasons (a biggie being lack of bathrooms, but also treacherous sidewalks and terrifying traffic unless I'm at the track (which is still pretty congested and doesn't have the best footing even there, although it's better than the sidewalk and there are no cars).  Still, it's a fitness-crazed country down here, and nobody is batting an eyelash at my 6 days a week running schedule.  They just wonder why I'm not running on my RD. Smile