Half Marathon Trainers

7 hilly miles & feelin' good!!! (Read 234 times)

Well, I ran a 7mi run today & felt relatively good. And this was a hilly run, and those that know me here know that I think hills are the devils work! The first 3 were crappy, but my first 3 are always crappy. It takes a full 3 miles before my body loosens up & is willing to accept that I'm going to run whether it likes it or not. I did have some mild groin pain, but this wasn't the "hold your crotch all night" pain I was having, so I'm ok with it. I'm doing a long run w/ zoom-zoom this weekend (well, not a long run, just a medium plus run) & maybe one short one between now & then. Next week I'll take it really easy w/ a couple of really short runs. I realize that 7 miles isn't anywhere close to 13.1, but I did a PR on my 10mi race & wasn't running much more than I am now...and really felt pretty good after the 10mi. I can do this...I can do this...I can do this...
    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

YAY!!! Good runs make it ALL worthwhile! BTW, what time should we plan to run on Sat.? I'm all for sleepin'-in! Big grin k Edited because I meant runs, not runes...though good runes are kinda cool, too... Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Not sure about Sat. I'll have to ck w/ Lacey & see if she'll be here to watch Dane. My kids are gone this weekend & I don't know who will be around here. I'll ck w/ Dan too, but his work schedule is so unpredictable...
        So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3