Half Marathon Trainers

Applefest Half (Hollis NH) (Read 332 times)

an amazing likeness

Anyone have any experience with the Applefest half in southern NH?  Looking for any feedback on organization, course, post-race, etc.  Whatever you'd care to share.

I'm lining up 3 or 4 halfs for the fall and trying to decide on whether to include Applefest.

mta:  Looks like a heck of a course....

I've done my best to live the right way. I get up every morning and go to work each day. (for now)

Milk --

Sorry for the late reply, but I did run the Hollis HM a number of years ago.     It was a very well done race, tough but doable course - but also very pretty - there are a lot of times when you see no buildings, just trees, streams and/or lakes....    Its run 'kind' of like a local yokel race (or was back when i ran it) but was nevery the less very well done - not professionally done (back then) but very well done.

Best POST race Food I can remember (dont think there was beer but I usually dont drink it anyway so there could have been)....

You would very much enjoy the race and course.............but do a little hill training before you go to Hollis just so the course doesn't gut you....

It could be different now from how I remember it as it was probably 10 or 12 years ago when I ran it.......but I'll bet its still pretty much like I ran......they do have cap or runners (cant remember if its 1,000 or 2,000) and it does fill up as its pretty popular....

Champions are made when no one is watching