Half Marathon Trainers

2nd half marathon - 1hr 45? (Read 49 times)

an amazing likeness

Good luck Paul !  Run hard, but smart -- don't get pace focused in those first 5KM, let the pace come to you during the meat of the middle 15K, then bear down the for last 5K.  You know it will get hard; there will be dark times, but trust your training to deliver the result.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Paul in the Peaks

thanks milktruck, went so well. Sub 8min miles upto 9 miles then tagged a faster runner who came past me (staggered starts on a trail). He pulled me a long at 7:15 to 12 and I managed a faster last mile on my own. Missed 1:40 by 7 seconds! But very very happy - and sore

I love running - after the event...

Full: 3:59:26

Half 1:39

15k 1:17

10k 48:24

5k 22.18

Cyberic

thanks milktruck, went so well. Sub 8min miles upto 9 miles then tagged a faster runner who came past me (staggered starts on a trail). He pulled me a long at 7:15 to 12 and I managed a faster last mile on my own. Missed 1:40 by 7 seconds! But very very happy - and sore

That's great Paul! Much much better than your 1:45 goal! You must be very happy, and rightfully so. Congratulations!

Great job Paul!

Recalculating...

Paul in the Peaks

thank you both. Now I have huge half marathon experience (all two of them) I will try and give an opinion on peoples queries where relevant (or not)

5k 22.18

Cyberic

thank you both. Now I have huge half marathon experience (all two of them) I will try and give an opinion on peoples queries where relevant (or not)

Niice. I only have two half-marathons experience myself. I sometimes hesitate before giving advice because of my lack of experience, but then I tell myself that what I give is my opinion, not advice

Paul in the Peaks

very true - looking at your logs though you have plenty of experience (and miles) in those legs of yours!

5k 22.18

an amazing likeness

Hey Paul -- looks like you just ran a sub 1:40 half this past week. Nice!!!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.