Half Marathon Trainers

HMT - June 2011 (Read 482 times)

Great run, NZ!  Excellent run under tough conditions.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Climbing Mt Ruapehu

Mandy will be proud of me.  I have clocked up 200km so far this month. This is the first time ever I have landed more than 200km in a calendar month Big grin - I did come very close twice but never quite.

Pushing the boundaries on my long runs now up to 30km.  My new motto is "30 is the new 20" Smile. Once more, after the 30km I did today I looked after the body with a slow pace so I can walk, and I can run tomorrow (on current feel).  Will be trails tomorrow in recovery mode. Hopefully I don't get sore overnight tonight.

I just feel really tired now but the day hasn't ended. Off to take the kids to a cross country interclub grand prix race then a mid winter xmas dinner tonight where I can hope to replace some calories lost this morning.  A chardonnay or pinot may be in order too

Personal Race Records:

M 3:52:48 (Auckland 2011), HM 1:38:16 (Taupo 2010), 10km 45:05 (Sir Barry 2010), 5km 20:21 (How Pak 5km 2010)

2012 Goals:
      Run the 75km Hillary Trail in a day (done 10/3/2012)

Mandy will be proud of me.  I have clocked up 200km so far this month. This is the first time ever I have landed more than 200km in a calendar month Big grin - I did come very close twice but never quite.

Pushing the boundaries on my long runs now up to 30km.  My new motto is "30 is the new 20" Smile. Once more, after the 30km I did today I looked after the body with a slow pace so I can walk, and I can run tomorrow (on current feel).  Will be trails tomorrow in recovery mode. Hopefully I don't get sore overnight tonight.

I just feel really tired now but the day hasn't ended. Off to take the kids to a cross country interclub grand prix race then a mid winter xmas dinner tonight where I can hope to replace some calories lost this morning.  A chardonnay or pinot may be in order too

Very nice mileage :-)  Those 30k runs this far out will stand you in great stead for the marathon

Climbing Mt Ruapehu

Very nice mileage :-)  Those 30k runs this far out will stand you in great stead for the marathon

Yes. I was very pleased I easily managed 8km at <> 5 minute pace the next day (easily negative spiltted too) though I am a bit sore now but that is ok as today is a planned rest day (I have run 6 days in a row) so I allowed the luxury of stretching out on the last 2km.  I am planning on doing 30km every 2nd weekend at the moment.  To be honest I am just tagging along with a friend that is training to do the legends marathon. He is very very experienced with literally a bag full of medals from marathons and triathalons.

This week wont be such a high milage week, looking to do some hill work at some stage and will be running around Taupo this weekend as the kids are running in the NI Cross Country Champs. I'm sure the temperatures will be "invigorating". Plan on making it a more "fun" week - one week (last week) serious boring slow miles followed by one week (this week) more varied - hills, trails and intervals. Then back into a milage week the following week.  

You aren't heading to Taupo this weekend by any chance Mandy for NI Champs?

Personal Race Records:

M 3:52:48 (Auckland 2011), HM 1:38:16 (Taupo 2010), 10km 45:05 (Sir Barry 2010), 5km 20:21 (How Pak 5km 2010)

2012 Goals:

Yes. I was very pleased I easily managed 8km at <> 5 minute pace the next day (easily negative spiltted too) though I am a bit sore now but that is ok as today is a planned rest day (I have run 6 days in a row) so I allowed the luxury of stretching out on the last 2km.  I am planning on doing 30km every 2nd weekend at the moment.  To be honest I am just tagging along with a friend that is training to do the legends marathon. He is very very experienced with literally a bag full of medals from marathons and triathalons.

This week wont be such a high milage week, looking to do some hill work at some stage and will be running around Taupo this weekend as the kids are running in the NI Cross Country Champs. I'm sure the temperatures will be "invigorating". Plan on making it a more "fun" week - one week (last week) serious boring slow miles followed by one week (this week) more varied - hills, trails and intervals. Then back into a milage week the following week.  

You aren't heading to Taupo this weekend by any chance Mandy for NI Champs?

Yes I am :-)  Meet up????

Are you running too, or just your girls?  I'm in the masters womens race at 12.15 - but I expect I'll be there from maybe 11ish onwards.  This year I'm not making the same mistake as I have before - I'm taking about 10 layers of clothes for after!!

Climbing Mt Ruapehu

My girls are running in the G-14 race. 11:40ish??? I think from memory. Will be a hard race for them as they will be the youngest in the field only just falling into that grade. They have had their work cut out for them this year.

Will look out for you...will you have a Scottish tent or anything?  Pakuranga will have a tent I think.  Not sure what seniors are going.  I am not a club member and not racing obviously. But I do know a lot of the seniors just through interaction juniors-seniors-parents etc.  Pakuranga has a pretty strong set of girls in the 30+ age groups so you might have fun race with them if they go.  I will message you my cell number if you want to call me on the day.  Would be good to meet.

C

Personal Race Records:

2012 Goals:

Sounds like lots of running going onm in the southern hemisphere!

Here in my part of Canada it was 28C and humid today, so my 10k was a struggle- walked quite a bit on the second loop.

Had a good bike ride last night, about an hour with the last 15 minutes at tempo- getting in the mood for the TdF! I have been reading magazines with information about the individual riders and teams, unfortunately I will miss some of the action as I have to drive to Nova Scotia (about 1,600kms each way) to see my sister and attend her sons wedding, but this should be agood trip so not much loss, really.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Climbing Mt Ruapehu

Simon.  It is so hard to get excited about running in the heat.  Combine that with my lack of desire in regard to getting up in the morning and summer running for me is a difficult proposition.

I love watching road cycling on TV.  I remember being addicted to watching the "tour of southland" here in NZ a couple of years back and the "tour de france" of course is great too with all the scenery on show and action.

I gave blood yesterday and I usually feel like I haven't ever run for 2 or 3 days afterward so i am not really looking forward to training for the rest of the week!!  Will give it a go even if its just 5km very slow

Personal Race Records:

2012 Goals:

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I'm struggling with the sudden change of weather too. Going from most runs under 20*C with cloud cover and suddenly running in high 20's without cloud cover is a huge change. I know I just need to relax, let the pace drop back until I get used to it, but man, I'm having trouble finding that easy spot these days.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.