Half Marathon Trainers

Hi half marathoners (or soon to be) (Read 254 times)

Fanilow

I'm seriously cosidering a hm in April. I'm already signed up for the Soldier Field 10 miler in May...thinking if I do the hm, the 10 miler will seem easier. I started with the C25k in the spring of 2010. I've been slow to progress. It took me until this summer to run an entire 5k without walking. However, since then I've been doing much better. A couple of weeks ago, I ran 7 straight so i'm pretty pumped about that. 13 miles seems like a long way but it wasn't so long ago that 4 miles seemed impossible. Anywho, I made a training log at myasics and I'm going to see if I can get over my babified winter cold avoidance and train all season. I need to add my running logs but it may take me a while since it looks like I will have to do it individually. Happy running. Smile

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

an amazing likeness

I'm seriously cosidering a hm in April. I'm already signed up for the Soldier Field 10 miler in May...thinking if I do the hm, the 10 miler will seem easier.

Specifically to this point, if you do the training for the Half in April, absolutely -- the 10 miler will be easier. That's because 8 - 11mi tempo runs are the staple of Half Marathon training, so you should have a good base of 10mi (ish) runs under your belt from training for the Half.

For example the Hal Higdon novice half marathon training plan has you do runs of 8-9-10-11-12 miles leading into the half marathon, so you'd have at least 5 good training runs for your 10miler done before the half marathon.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Fanilow

Thanks! I really like the Hal higdon plan.

2014 goals

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Hey Marina! It's good to see you here! where is the avatar to go with your sig?? I don't have anything to add other than to say that a half in April should be great training for a solid 10 miler in May. I'm sure you will gain a lot of confidence from racing a longer distance just a month before. Good luck with your training! Smile

Fanilow

Flippy!! Well, I had an avatar...it was that hot Mayhem guy with a pink headband and weights ( when he was a hot babe out jogging)...but it looks like someone ate him. Maybe the turtle got jealous? *shrugs* wait...maybe I can't see avatars on my phone. Der.

2014 goals

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I had the same problem until I realized that I could see avatars once I turned my phone sideways. Voila!!! However, I was specifically referring to your turtle avatar....

Fanilow

Sideways but still no Avis for me. Dumb droid. Yes, after I typed out that whole thing I realized what you meant. Hence the "der." Smile

2014 goals