Half Marathon Trainers

Indy Mini - Kiss the bricks? (Read 1573 times)

an amazing likeness

Are you still interested in arranging a transfer? Please contatct me: kittimc@gmail.com

Sorry about the delay, haven't been around all that much recently...I'll drop you an email -- look for something from a unknown person.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Registered for the race the day registration opened which was the day after the 09 race. God Alone knows why! I remember thinking at a bout mile 11 last year that I was done with this distance HA!!!!!!

There are about 40 of here in Columbus training for this race and almost that maney training for Lousiville the weekend before Indy and a brave few that are going to do BOTH

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Former runner

Depending on how my race is going when I get to the track I may go for the kissing of the bricks this year. I think last year I was more concerned about finishing my first HM to take the time to stop. I did see plenty of people kissing and posing at the bricks as I went past. FYI they have several photographers there taking pictures for Brighthouse. Although I had to call and get them to reprint my picture because they cropped out the bricks.

Ross

an amazing likeness

Depending on how my race is going when I get to the track I may go for the kissing of the bricks this year.

Do it !

You'll have something unique to share as a funny running story for years. 

I'm envious, hope to be there next year and score with the bricks.

Former runner

Did it! 

Broke 2 hours to boot. The funny thing is that after 7.5 miles of running, getting down to the bricks is a lot easier than getting back up. The pictures should be interesting. Their was a photographer right on the bricks and another one a few yards ahead so hopefully I can get a least one good picture.

Ross

Did it! 

Broke 2 hours to boot. The funny thing is that after 7.5 miles of running, getting down to the bricks is a lot easier than getting back up. The pictures should be interesting. Their was a photographer right on the bricks and another one a few yards ahead so hopefully I can get a least one good picture.

There are tons of kiss the bricks pics in the lost and found!  Fun to look at! Hope you find yours!

I did not kiss the bricks...I know I couldn't have gotten back up.  But I did get a 2 min PR.

Former runner

There are tons of kiss the bricks pics in the lost and found!  Fun to look at! Hope you find yours!

I did not kiss the bricks...I know I couldn't have gotten back up.  But I did get a 2 min PR.

I went through the lost and found section and found these.

I swear there was a photographer about a foot to my right that should have taken a few good pictures but I can't find them, It's too bad they don't have a way of searching for pictures based on location and gun time. I'd love to be able to search through the original photographs as opposed to these cropped pictures they post,

I set a 3 minute PR so I may be kissing the bricks in all my races from now on.

Ross

an amazing likeness

Yeeesss !!!  What a great picture Ross, way to go. 

In that first pic, the guy in the solid green/grey behind you is sort of..."hmmm, wonder what he's doing...", looking all puzzled and all.

an amazing likeness

My quest to kiss the bricks continues, so I'm registered, again, for the Indy Mini 2011 version.

Looking for any travel advice on hotels, B&B, race day advice, anything.

Thanks in advance.

OBLG

Yes, I have run it several times and the first time I did stop and kiss the bricks.  They have a camera there that should capture that but you might want to bring one just in case.

OBLG

My quest to kiss the bricks continues, so I'm registered, again, for the Indy Mini 2011 version.

Thanks in advance.

any of the downtown hotels are great.  Westin< Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt are all in the area.  Not far is the new courtyard, spring hill suites and fairfield inn.  Hotels downtown by start (marriott, hyatt) good for restroom pre-race.

Feeling the growl again

Thanks in advance.

PM C-R.  I live near Indy too but he knows more than I do about the area.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Former runner

Thanks in advance.

I usually drive in the morning of the race so I'm not too familiar with the hotels. There's plenty of parking. Every thing is pretty well organized so it's no different than most local races. The one thing I like is that they have have a cleanup truck to pickup up clothes along the course. This is handy on those cold mornings when you want an extra layer to keep warm while waiting for the start. A lot of people will wear an old shirt/jacket at the start that they chuck off to the side. They pickup the clothes and give them to goodwill or some charity.

See you there.

Ross