Half Marathon Trainers

New, Happy member!! Training for my 1st half (Read 389 times)

HappyDuck

Hi!! I am training for my first half. I have done a 5k and a 10k so far, a half is the next step. It is all that I can think about. I have been fighting cancer for years and my health is not always on my side, so training is a chore some days. I am a church admin. and director of our library so I am pretty busy too. I have 2 kids, 6 cats and two dogs.....and one husband who supports us all. My longest run has been 10.5 miles so far and I was great after that run, so I think that the half should be in reach. I am just SOOOOO happy to have found a site that has people who have the same goals. I admit that some days are hard and I am looking forward to a little push or happy word of encouragment once in a while. I also plan to find a 8k this spring. That way I will have a 5k, 8k, 10k and hlaf done!!!!! Kind of my very own "bucket list"! Ang
    Somewhere someone out there is training when your not and when you race him, he will beat you!

IMKY13 finish!!

Welcome aboard Duck...happy to have you here!! Best of luck with your HM!!!

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hi, Duck! A lot of training programs have you do a 10-mile run as your longest before an HM, so you will be in great shape! Good luck with your training. You will find SO much support here. I know that I wouldn't be running 10+ miles at a time if I hadn't found RA.

Prince of Fatness

A lot of training programs have you do a 10-mile run as your longest before an HM, so you will be in great shape!
          Agreed. If you can run 10 you can run a half. You may want to make your log public and start logging your runs here. It's very helpful for people to see your log when you have questions. I keep my log on my PC but also log my runs here for that reason. Good luck!

Not at it at all. 

Rundadrun27

Hi!! I am training for my first half. I have done a 5k and a 10k so far, a half is the next step. It is all that I can think about. I have been fighting cancer for years and my health is not always on my side, so training is a chore some days. I am a church admin. and director of our library so I am pretty busy too. I have 2 kids, 6 cats and two dogs.....and one husband who supports us all. My longest run has been 10.5 miles so far and I was great after that run, so I think that the half should be in reach. I am just SOOOOO happy to have found a site that has people who have the same goals. I admit that some days are hard and I am looking forward to a little push or happy word of encouragment once in a while. I also plan to find a 8k this spring. That way I will have a 5k, 8k, 10k and hlaf done!!!!! Kind of my very own "bucket list"! Ang
            Best of luck with your training and your battle with Cancer.
              Welcome aboard! If you've done 10M, then you can train and do a Half. Find yourself a training program, pick a race and back the suggested training weeks off and you'll be ready to go. Just like I tell the other newbies, join us in our monthly thread as well. Don't let that "C" get to you, keep plugging along. Maybe because there are three or four newbies here now, one of you should start a Newbies thread and share everything all together in one place. Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"