Half Marathon Trainers

First Half Marathon! (Read 931 times)

bas

Bas, are those the same thing as "fatballs?" Fatballs are some delectable fried thing--like a giant doughnut hole--then they are filled with fruit filling or custard. OMG, those are awesome! A few local festivals have stands that sell them as "Dutch Fatballs." k
    'Fatballs' would be the right word Smile And the description also matches, although we mainly fill them with raisins and currants. It's traditional to eat them on New Year's Eve. bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

bas

Just got back from running my first half marathon! Everything went really well I finished in 1 hours 54 minutes. Pace 8:43 minutes per mile. Even better than I had hoped for!
      Great! Applause from the old country Smile bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

runninggirl248

Quote : Just got back from running my first half marathon! Everything went really well I finished in 1 hours 54 minutes. Pace 8:43 minutes per mile. Even better than I had hoped for! G888888t JOB! That sounds like so much fun. Congrats!!! Shocked
          Just got back from running my first half marathon! Everything went really well I finished in 1 hours 54 minutes. Pace 8:43 minutes per mile. Even better than I had hoped for!
          Good job on your first Chris! (That makes two of us today.)

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

they have free massages when you finish? I never heard about that Smile
            You need to come race in Albuquerque. Free massage after the Duke City Marathon and 1/2 Marathon (held in October) and after the Run for the Zoo 5K and 10K (held in May). Smile
              The office results are in! http://www.pacesettersrun.com/results/ch_hm_06.htm Place: 108 out of 253 overall runners. Div Place: 9 out of 16 runners in 25-29 age division. Time: 1:54:35 Pace: 8:45
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Cheeseheads rock! That's really excellent, Chris--you run a HM in the time it takes me to run 9.5 miles or so, LOL! You did really awesomely! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You guys ROCK!! BTW - for those of you from Michigan - Bob Seeger is releasing a new cd tomorrow!!! Keep on running! lisa k
                  Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is WAY cool! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

The office results are in! http://www.pacesettersrun.com/results/ch_hm_06.htm Place: 108 out of 253 overall runners. Div Place: 9 out of 16 runners in 25-29 age division. Time: 1:54:35 Pace: 8:45
                        Hey! Great job! Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

Cheese Head Half Marathon Medal for Finishing Big grin
                          that's definately a keeper! nice race.
                            Thank You Everyone! My first half marathon went so well I think I am going to sign up for a second one Big grin September 24th.
                              Good job for sure!!! Hey, if you're so enthusicatic, why not do two of them back to back sometime?

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's a great idea! I wish there were more long races coming up around here, but after my 10 miler and HM there's nothing until Spring...*sniff*

~ Sarah Kay