Half Marathon Trainers

Welcome to 2013! January Thread! (Read 321 times)

Zelanie

5 miler yesterday went well, for a total of 33.4 for the week.  I'm under the mileage for my plan but intentionally.

Next week I will add back in the speed day with some tempo intervals, take my LR up to 11 miles, and aim for 35-36 miles for the week.  The plan also calls for 10x100, which actually sounds like a lot of fun, but I might wait until the next time they come around to add those in.

Sorry I have not posted as I was away for 10 days and did not take my computer!

It is nice to catch up with you all, and I did manage some running while I was away, mostly with my son on really awful hills.

On the second morning he took me on a ten miler, we climbed about 150 feet in the first mile, down again, then up 750 feet in a couple of miles, down again, up 500 feet, back down, and flat for the last mile. He probably wanted to show off; I didn't want him to think I could not keep up, so we ended up hammering it in 92 minutes, not fast for 10 miles but in warm humid weather and with those darn mountains it really beat me up. Next day was 14 miles over rolling terrain, I am glad I took a rest day after that one.

Anyway, glad to be back.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

daneda

Got a nice 10+ miles done last night for a long run.  Felt good, I think I'll bump up the distance for this week's long run...  We'll see.

Things were icy here this morning, so I may try for an easy 3 miles this evening if conditions get better.

Simon - sounds like you got some awesome running in while away!

bpink76

Vegefrog - we are doing a lot of the same races, although you are a lot faster than me!  I did the Charlie Post 15K last weekend and I'm planning to do the Save the Light 5K because I have a half in Florida the following week.

Looks like some really consistent and good running going on here Smile

I have decided that while I still feel fast and good, I'm going to do a race a weekend through the end of my first Trimester. HA! So 2 more 5K's and 2 Halfs will take me through the middle of February.

I could choose to do a 15K next weekend....it would be my first, therefore instant PR, but...I wanna give my 5K goal of breaking 21 one more try before my belly gets big and I'm running closer to a 30 min 5K then a 20.

I'm pretty much keeping up the same training plan that I had written out for NOLA full marathon, except I cut back the long runs (nothing over 16) and I cut out the tempo run. Figure I don't really need those since I'm not going for a BQ anymore.

Hope you all had great runs today! I had a nice 13 miler at the beach THEN stuffed my face with orange cinammon french toast! YUM!

2013 Goals:

5K: 25:00

10K: 52:00

Half: 2:00:00

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Our short run morphed into a 9 miler on our bike path this afternoon.  It was sooooo nice today, 45F, although still a little ice on the path.   Kind of killed our planned LR for tomorrow when it's supposed to get up to 60.  Or, should  we do it again (in shorts).

Zelanie

Simon- That would be fast for me for 10 miles on flat terrain!  Glad you got a run with your son though.

I got my LT workout in this week.  I ran 2x2 miles @ 8:49 or better with a 0.4 recovery @10:20.  Total of 7.5 miles with warm up and cool down.  I am so happy this went well since my last attempt at this type of workout was the first of my week of crummy runs.  This, on the other hand, felt great.

Jerry 9 miles sounds pretty good, maybe scale back on the long run a bit.

Ran 6 and a bit miles today at an easy pace. After three days off I thought it would be easier than it was, mild weather tomorrow so maybe that will be a better day.

Zelanie, lots of speedwork!

Hi Kimbur 96!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

vegefrog

Simon, nice running with your son!

bpink that's cool! I didn't know you were in the area Smile We will have to meet up at one of these races, maybe Save The Light! Though I'm gonna be done a lot later then you Smile

I'm not that much faster then you! Plus at the rate my 5K's are slowing down with this pregnancy, average of 30 seconds a weekend, LOL, I'll be MUCH slower then you soon!! Maybe we could run together sometime? Where do you generally do your runs?

bpink76

bpink that's cool! I didn't know you were in the area Smile We will have to meet up at one of these races, maybe Save The Light! Though I'm gonna be done a lot later then you Smile

I'm not that much faster then you! Plus at the rate my 5K's are slowing down with this pregnancy, average of 30 seconds a weekend, LOL, I'll be MUCH slower then you soon!! Maybe we could run together sometime? Where do you generally do your runs?

Yeah, I have only been running for about a year and  am brand new to this group.  I was on the Runners World forums for a while and they were full of spam so a lot of people suggested Running Ahead.

You are smart/lucky that you ran a lot BEFORE you got pregnant.  I'm also sending you a message about my running group in Charleston.  Smile

2013 Goals:

5K: 25:00

10K: 52:00

Half: 2:00:00

hog4life

Really good tempo run today. It was supposed to be 35 minutes at 8:35, and ended up at 8:10 for 7.71 miles total. This gives me a monthly PB of 160.39.

daneda

Finished the month off with a nice 8.4 miles tonight.  My schedule called for 6 miles today, but I was stuck inside the apartment all day because repair men were here, so finally getting out for a run felt too good to stop at 6!  Finished the month off at a little less than 128 miles, which is probably a new high for me since I haven't been running too long.  All in all, January was good to me Smile