Half Marathon Trainers

Can't waite (Read 439 times)

At the end of the race check under C for Columbus. Or over at The Running Fourm's tent

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

I'll look for you. Smile We'll be at the Wabash Valley Road Runners Tent. Our shirts are white this year with green lettering that says Trained in Terre Haute via Baghdad. (Our group provided the training supplies for the soldiers over in Iraq that are running the Mini.) I can't believe it's almost here. Smile I'm ready. It's gonna be a long week. Teresa
        I'll be looking. And thanks for what you are doing for the troops!! With all the BS on the MSM they need to know we support them and their mission!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

OK now I am stressing about it.

Gregg, I'm actually starting to feel better about the race. Tongue I ran a little last night at our last pre-race group meeting. Only 1.73 miles but my hamstring didn't feel too bad. It was tight at first but as I started to warm up, it started to get better. Usually it gets worse the longer I try to run. I'm just gonna take it easy the rest of the week and hopefully alll will be well on race day. I also went to the doctor and got antibiotics for this sinus thing that just won't let go. Probably the placebo effect but I'm feeling better already. Wink I'm actually starting to be cautiously optimistic that I'll actually be able to run this race. LOL! Teresa
              Picking up my Race Packet tomorrow after work. Taking Friday off of work to wrap my mind around the race. Carpoolinng up Sat AM with out group.

I'm sure you'll do fine. As long as you keep your mind in a positive place, you will succeed. And thanks for your comment about the Troops. Lord knows we need all the support we can get in these times. Chad --Active Duty, U.S. Air Force (12+ years)
                  I'm sure you'll do fine. As long as you keep your mind in a positive place, you will succeed. And thanks for your comment about the Troops. Lord knows we need all the support we can get in these times. Chad --Active Duty, U.S. Air Force (12+ years)
                  I did 11+ year AF myself 9/72 to 9/83. I got out as a freshly divorced father so I could raise my daughters. I STILL work for DoD. DFAS-IN paying Reserve Army Travel. God Bless our Troops and all they do. We owe them so much.

Teresa, I'll be in O to start. NOW I am PUMPED UP!!!! If teh race were right now I could run it within my goals!!!

Good luck you guys!!!!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Thanks!!