Half Marathon Trainers

Maintaining fitness over winter. (Read 593 times)

I am planning to run 3-4 times a week, mostly 10k or so, maybe a bit longer or faster once per week.

I have a feeling this may not be enough- what are you guys planning to do? (Our winter weather can be pretty lousy)

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I have the same question, Simon!  I think I'll have to hit the YMCA more often.  Elliptical, arc trainer, treadmill.  I HATE swimming.  Maybe I will do some pool jogging to mix things up a little bit.

So far I've only had 1 run below 40 degrees here.  Does keeping your fingers crossed count as a plan?

I'm hoping to maintain 4 runs/week and 25 miles/week.

I seem to do better with the cold than the heat. Just getting out the door seems to be the hardest part.

I feel guilty writing it, after posts by 3 Northerners, but this a great time of year to be running in North Texas!

After a summer full of early morning runs, desperately hoping that the mercury's going to drop below 80F, it's between 40F & 50F in the mornings now and beautiful for running. It'll get a bit colder, and we'll probably get a bit of ice but I am hoping to keep up 5x and 30+ miles per week through out. I have a Jan 15k and a  March HM to keep me motivated.

2017 Goals
          1) Run more than 231 miles
          2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Nobby (on the general boards) offered to make me his guinea pig!  He was saying that too many people say they CAN'T go faster, and most of them can.  Well, I'm one of those people, so I'll see what he can plan out for me.  I'm in bad need of a spark, so I think this is it!  I'm excited but nervous.

Teresa - I saw that thread, and that post by Nobby. Gotta say - I was a little jealous!

Looking forward to hearing how it works out. I am getting faster... very slowly. I know you can do it!

2017 Goals

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, Matt! I'm bummed I'll be out of town for a few days, but I warned Nobby I won't be able to respond by e-mail until next week sometime.

You guys have a good week!  I can't wait to step foot on Texas soil!  Once a Texan, always a Texan.

Prince of Fatness

Just read that thread Teresa.  This is a great opportunity for you.  Please do keep us posted on your progress.

Not at it at all. 

Great news, T!

If anyone can make you run fast he can. Let us know how it goes; I am sure he will be hasppy to have you post your progress.  I would not expect success overnight, even with Nobby in your corner, but I think this is an exciting opportunity.

Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Teresa, I saw that thread too and was glad you two are hooking up for some on-line training.  If faster is what you want then go for. 

But I leave you with this riddle! Whenever you think you are slow, remember that at one time you were the fastest of them all.  What's the answer?

Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Whenever you think you are slow, remember that at one time you were the fastest of them all.  What's the answer?

Ohh.... ohhh ... I know, I know:

2017 Goals

Matt you nailed it (pun intended)

Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"